Original topic:

No Support for Samsung software bugs

(Topic created on: 07-29-2021 08:26 AM)
Severatt
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I bought a pair of the Samsung Galaxy Buds in Nov 2020 and they worked flawlessly until a recent Galaxy Wear software update bug updated only 1 ear bud. Now the 2 will not pair together. After spending time with Samsung's on-line support and going through some basic tests, they asked for the serial numbers. Well the Samsung software cannot read the serial numbers unless both ear Buds are paired. The serial number is also on the charging box  but after a few months of use, that number is not legible. So they told me they couldn't help. So I took them into the Samsung store in Metrotown. Again they tried a couple of things to no avail. Their 'manager' advised that they were no longer under warranty so I would have to pay for Samsung to fix them. If it was a hardware issue, I would agree, but as they both work individually, the problem lies with a software update that took a working pair and rendered them useless, I expect Samsung to fix their software initiated problem. When I asked for the contact information for the District Manager, the store manager refused.
<span;>When researching the same issue on the internet, my problem is a common problem. A <span;>cynical person might see this as a ploy by Samsung to force customer to buy new earbuds when their warranty expires. I have been a longtime user of Samsung products but now I am reconsidering.

1 Comment
Valeriya
Options
Wearables

Hi, please try the following troubleshooting steps and get back to us if the issue still persists.

Restart the earbuds Insert the earbuds into the case and close the lid until the LED light goes out. If the indicator light flashes red or orange, charge the earbuds and case. Place the buds in your ears Remove both earbuds from the case and place them into your ears. Be sure to adjust the earbuds and wear them properly to make sure they are detected. You will hear the Galaxy Buds make a beeping sound.

Unpair the earbuds If the earbuds are still not pairing, you can try unpairing them from your phone before trying to reconnect your Galaxy Buds. If you are using the Galaxy Wearable app to manage your earbuds using a mobile device, you can disconnect the earbuds through the app. If you paired your Galaxy Buds to a Bluetooth device, navigate to Settings. Tap Connections, and then tap Bluetooth. When the earbuds appear in the list, tap their name, and then tap Unpair.

Reconnect the earbuds Once you unpaired your Galaxy Buds, you can try to reconnect the earbuds. We recommend using the Galaxy Wearable app to connect your Galaxy Buds to a mobile device. You can also connect the Galaxy Buds to a Bluetooth device. From the Bluetooth settings page, tap Scan. Select the earbud(s) when it appears in the Available device list and then tap OK.

Note: If the earbuds do not enter Pairing mode, simultaneously touch and hold the touchpad on each earbud until they emit the Pairing mode sound.

0 Likes