Original topic:

Reactivate Galaxy Watch 4 - Mobile service already activated

(Topic created on: 03-29-2023 01:47 AM)
jasoncool
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables
Hi there,
I had to reregister my galaxy watch 4 after reset. When I went through the activation process ask to register mobile service. Since service has been already registered it provides option to skip the step. However once watch activation process is completed, it isn't connected to mobile network. How do I resolve this issue?
0 Likes
7 Comments
Wearables
That's rather odd.

This may be an obvious question, but have you tried turning off Bluetooth on the phone to see if the watch then connects to number share?

Or does the Wear app not show a data plan?
0 Likes
jasoncool
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
Yep, it doesn't work. Because watch is not configured. When I open the network settings it asks to enable Bluetooth and try again. Once connected via Bluetooth and enter the activation details it says device already connected to the network. On the Samsung website it says contact network operator if we are to configure network after resetting.
0 Likes
Wearables
Does the watch itself list a data plan?

To check, go to watch Settings, Connections, Mobile Networks, Mobile Plans.

If it does list a plan there and you still can't connect, then you could try removing the data plan, but please note this will cause a reset of the watch.

Of course, as @SamsungLaura suggested, also send through an error report.
0 Likes
nikkiiii
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
I have to say u saved my life here. Lol after 24 hrs with optus and with samsung they couldn't help me. But your instructions here did so thank u!!
Wearables
Great, glad the info was helpful 😊
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Wearables

Hi there, that's strange. I suggest sending through an error report for this to be looked into further:

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send.
0 Likes
Solution
jasoncool
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
I called the mobile company and got the eSIM service cancelled. Afterwards I reactivated the eSIM service using wearable app. All good now. It appears this is the only way to reactivate eSIM servic.