Original topic:

Samsung Health and Galaxy Watch3

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 11:24 AM)
Tallman
Options
Wearables
Recently, I noticed that Galaxy Watch3 has a new firmware update. It has added couple new features.

So, how my watch work with Samsung Health and give me wellness information.

Sleep Tracking
I used my watch to keep track my sleeping and daily heartbeats. Sleeping is one of my biggest issue, I always feel so tired and wondering how I sleep over the night. Through Samsung Health and Galaxy Watch, it provides me information on how I sleep overnight.

I also set my sleeping time so that I sleep and wake up between set time. I found that I sleep well after about a week follow the sleeping schedule. Of course, stress, electronic devices and some other things may make me not sleep well.

Heart Rate Monitor
Another neat feature from my watch is heart rate monitor. Since I have Arrhythmia, monitoring my heart rate is importanat. I set heart rate to Auto detect. My watch will sync all the data to Samsung health so that I can see how my heartbeat doing.

When I am doing exercise, it record my heart rate automatically too. 

Weight Monitor
I also use Samsung Health to keep track my weight. I personally use Renpho scale to import data to Samsung Health.

ECG and Blood Pressure
On the side note of Samsung Health for my wellness, ECG and Blood Pressure features are the great help. Since Health Canada still not approve these features yet, but I found the youtube link that enable these features.

As I am a GW3 user, ECG and Blood pressure monitor are my best friend for wellness. I will check my ECG if I don't feel right.

For the blood pressure, you need to have the real blood pressure machine for your initial settings. And every 30 days you need to re-calibrate. So I am not going into details here.

In conclusion, Samsung Health is acting as my wellness data center and my watch is an input device. My watch record most of my health data and Samsung Health display all the details, which I love it. Base on these data from Samsung Health, I believe everyone can live more healthier.

Hand Wash
Extra feature from Galaxy Watch3. I updated my watch recently and play around with the new feature, Hand Wash.

I was bored and try out this new hand wash feature. 1st time, hmmm...count down 20 seconds. That's it.

But after use for first time, there are extra settings for ease of use. You can set reminder to remind yourself to wash your hand. Also, surprisingly the auto detect works really well (no need to touch my watch when washing my hand).

So, if you feel bore or wondering how long for 20 seconds when washing hand, it is fun to try it.

Sharing my wellness point of view with Samsung Health and Galaxy Watch. 😄

Thank you for reading everyone!
5 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Wearables

Hi Tallman, Thank you for sharing the update with our community members.

KKC123
Active Level 5
Wearables
Very useful info indeed, i am using the old Samsung Health version which can use the O2 measurement, as for blood pressure, i just use the traditional meter which is more accurate
Wearables
Yes, I also disappointed the watch has SpO2 hardware, but not activate it asap. During pandemic, this is a killer features and a must feature today.
JaiChap
Active Level 4
Wearables

Is this in Canada and is this LTE also and what about stress monitoring

0 Likes
Wearables
The watch is Canadian version. But the method is activate ECG and Blood Pressure only. Stress and SpO2 need to change the watch CSC to US in order to work.