Original topic:

Samsung Health Monitor Update Issue on Galaxy Watch 6 Classic

(Topic created on: 12-28-2023 10:23 AM)
Arash_Sajjadi
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hello Community,

I've encountered an issue with the Samsung Health Monitor on my Galaxy Watch 6 Classic, where it prompts me to update to version 1.2.5.002 to use the ECG feature. However, the Galaxy Store only provides version 1.2.4.003, which is already installed on my device. 

Attempts to update result in an error indicating the latest version is installed.Is anyone else experiencing this? How did you resolve it? 

Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!
0 Likes
12 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Wearables

I have the Classic watch 6 and Health Monitor version 1.2.4.003 and ECG feature works without asking for an update.

The 1.2.4.003 update just came yesterday to my device.

I looked on APKMIRROR and couldn't see version 1.2.5.002 on there even so likely isn't out yet

0 Likes
Arash_Sajjadi
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thank you for sharing your experience. It appears that the update issue isn't widespread. Version 1.2.4.003 is the latest one I've seen and should work correctly with the ECG feature. It's possible the prompt for 1.2.5.002 might be an error or not yet officially released. I will share some screenshots to illustrate the version I have installed and the prompts I'm receiving. This might help us identify a solution or confirm it's an isolated issue.Screenshot_20231228_093443_shealthmonitor_1000001103_1703777685.png1703804267819.jpg1703804267838.jpg
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Wearables

Do you have the blood pressure part set up to take blood pressure readings on your watch?

Try long pressing on the Samsung Health Monitor app, touch the i in a circle top right to take you to Health Monitor App info and scroll down to Storage and at the bottom select clear data and restart your phone and check if it helps to clear the request to update the app

0 Likes
Arash_Sajjadi
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't calibrated the blood pressure feature on my watch yet. However, I've already tried uninstalling the app multiple times on my phone, as well as clearing both the data and cache, but the issue still persists. The update request keeps appearing despite these efforts.
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Wearables

I could be wrong but I think the Blood Pressure part needs to be calibrated to run the ECG part

0 Likes
Arash_Sajjadi
Active Level 1
Wearables
Your observation is interesting, but in my case, I was able to use the ECG feature without calibrating the blood pressure component. The main issue I'm facing is that the Samsung Health Monitor app is requesting an update to a version that doesn't seem to exist yet.
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Wearables

Yes you are right - you don't have to have blood pressure calibrated for ECG to work

I removed my calibration and was able to run ECG with no problems

Arash_Sajjadi
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thank you for confirming that. It looks like my best option is to wait for the next update. Hopefully, it resolves the issue soon.
tomfan203
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

Hi

It looks like that I'm experiencing the exact same problem as u on my regular Galaxy Watch 6, it's extremely frustrating, I cannot use ECG at all, it's forcing me to update the SHM app then tell me my watch doesn't support this app, ***...I've tried rebooted both my S23+ n Watch 6 few times, reinstall SHM n even resetting my Watch 6 to factory settings but to no avail...

Samsung, if u're listening, plz fix it asap, tyvm.

I'll also post some of my screenshots for reference:
Screenshot_20240110_150951_Galaxy Store.jpg
Screenshot_20240110_201614_shealthmonitor.pngScreenshot_20240110_201618_shealthmonitor.png

0 Likes