Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Watch4 in Seawater

(Topic created on: 05-06-2024 03:51 AM)
mhismo
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Got the Watch4 upon its release and have been using it while swimming in both pools and at the beach. Recently, it suddenly shut down while swimming and now won't charge or turn on. I took it to the service center for diagnosis and hopefully repair. Initially, they mentioned that the Watch4 isn't designed for seawater, but I proceeded with the diagnosis anyway. Today, they messaged me with the repair cost of 16K. 

The screenshot below is from Samsung, and it's clear that the third bullet point states it can be used in seawater. Can someone explain?
0 Likes
5 Comments
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Wearables
Repair cost of 16k? Nah, I'm gonna buy a new galaxy watch rather than taking the watch for repair, the original price of Galaxy Watch 4 is 13k....

Buying a new model is the other choice than get the watch repaired🥲
0 Likes
mhismo
Active Level 3
Wearables
Exactly. I don't know why the Center is saying it can't be used in seawater when it is on the website. And I shouldn't br charged that much. It wasn't even submerged more than 3 feet.
0 Likes
Wearables
Whatever the cause it maybe, the fact still remains that it is damaged. For my watch6 classic or my s24u, even if samsung says it has ip protection, still im not using it in water. Self protection is better than damage. 😎
0 Likes
Wearables
IP ratings are only there to designate resistance on dust and fresh water protection. It doesn't guarantee complete resistance, especially on chlorinated and salt water.
0 Likes
mhismo
Active Level 3
Wearables
So just to be safe, DO NOT USE THE WATCH IN WATER even if it says you can use it while swimming (Samsung even has a visual about it)1715502040002.jpg
0 Likes