Original topic:

Why did I fall for Samsung fall detection.

(Topic created on: 03-29-2023 02:35 PM)
Members_i0kaYox
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I have never been able to get the falls detection on my wife's Galaxy watch 3 to work.  The watch has recently been returned for repair ( because falls detect was not working) and I am still unable to trigger  the watch to detect a fall even after repair.  I have contacted the Samsung Service centre where the repairs were conducted and asked if they could supply the test procedure that is used to check this 'feature' is working.  All I was provided with were instructions on how to turn this feature on and a whole lot of legal exclusions.  This is same result I get every time I ask the question of anyone representing Samsung "How do I test falls detection is working".

My wife's physiotherapist has recommended that she upgrade the watch as she is becoming more prone to falls as her MS progresses. The local Samsung store could not demonstrate this feature working on the latest phone and watch so I can see no point in upgrading until there are some clear answers. 

It seems to me that Samsung needs to explain how they, and their customers, can verify that this function is working (including any limitations) or if necessary admit it is totally unreliable.

Samsung  -  the ball is in your court!!  

0 Likes
8 Comments
IBEARI
Active Level 6
Wearables
I'm assuming it must be being worn to be triggered. No one is going to suggest you put it on and then fake a fall. My 2c anyway...
Wearables
Make sure the setting is set to "Always"Screenshot_20230328_185202_Galaxy Watch5 Manager_1000033757_1679989922.jpg
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Wearables
You won't get answers here, this is a user forum and sometimes the moderator will suggest how to escalate your complaint. If you haven't done so already Google this problem as you will findmore, maybe many more, replies and suggestions. Quote the model and Samsung but also look at wider searches like "why android fall apps fail"
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hey @Members_i0kaYox

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring. You will need to wear it and fake a fall or have someone else do it for you so this can investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps. 

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

Nelleb17
Active Level 3
Wearables
I've got a Watch 4 classic and falls detection works well. Your wife's watch must be faulty.
0 Likes
Wombat181
Beginner Level 3
Wearables
About 18mths ago I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy. That means i can go to sleep anywhere at anytime!! There are no warning signs.

My wife bought me 'Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2', because it had fall detection.

Not long afterwards I had two l significant falls, both the same. Imagine one second your standing still & eyes looking ahead. The next second you open your eye and looking at ceiling. I was laying as if i was standing. Luckily my head missed by millimetres, the corner of wood box.

My watch did not register either fall + falls i continue to have. Nor does it acti vate Emergency Calls. This is the crunch 'after a fall you are suppose to lay still for one minute'. Then it will activate the Emergency Calls.

I continue to have minor+major falls and my watch hasn't registered the falls. I'm hoping the issue will be resolved by newer & improved models.
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Wearables

Hey @Members_i0kaYox

I am very sorry to hear you are having this issue. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring. You will need to wear it and fake a fall or have someone else do it for you so this can investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps. 

To send an error report for a wearable, follow these steps:

1. Go to Galaxy Wearables app > click on the device desired on the side menu
  2. In the side menu, tap Contact us > Error reports (in the Get help section)
  3. Fill in details and the frequency of the issue that you have with the wearable.
  4. Click send.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
MSmädl
Active Level 1
Wearables
Mine doesn't work either. All set up and correct. I'm a person living with Multiple Sclerosis, falling a LOT. I got this watch for this reason only- it never works, not ONCE. But it detects falls when I'm sitting quietly...
Appalling.
0 Likes