Original topic:

Galaxy A01 is the best deal right now, but why?

(Topic created on: 01-31-2021 02:58 PM)
khtannnnnnnnnn
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A
If you only have RM399 to spend on a phone, you need something that covers all the bases. Fortunately, the cheapest member of Samsung's A-series of budget phones, known as the Galaxy A01, can do that.

Galaxy A01 in Black.

The Galaxy A01 has a 5.7-inch display with a 720p resolution. That's not so bad, but keep in mind many YouTube videos can be viewed in a sharper 1080p resolution. Overall, videos look fine, but the LCD screen isn't as vibrant and rich as, say, the Galaxy A51's OLED display. 

Galaxy A01 has dual cameras on the back, resolution of 13MP

The Galaxy A01 has a 13-megapixel standard lens and a 2-megapixel depth-sensing camera. The Galaxy A01 has a 13-megapixel standard lens and a 2-megapixel depth-sensing camera. 

On the front is a 5-megapixel teardrop notch camera.

As for video, the camera can record 1080p video but doesn't have optical image stabilization so footage won't be super smooth if you're moving around. 

Galaxy A01, in Blue

The phone only has 16GB of internal storage and 2GB of RAM, and nearly half of that is taken up by the OS and apps. My review unit came from Verizon and it had so many preloaded apps that when I first turned it on, it only had about 5GB available. The phone does have expandable memory up to 512GB, so I recommend that route for onboard storage.

16gb of internal storage is plenty

Equipped with a Snapdragon 439 processor, the A01 operates quickly enough for the most part and quitting apps and launching the camera felt timely. But every so often I noticed that the A01 took a beat or two to do some other things, like opening Geekbench 4.