Original topic:

CARRIER NAME WRONGLY DISPLAYED AFTER SUCCESSFUL PORTED

(Topic created on: 06-15-2021 02:11 PM)
SJO
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi there, was just wondering if anyone has the answer to the below, including SAMSUNG. 

i have just successfully ported into M operator from U operator. i changed my SIM card onto my NOTE 10+ upon the termination of signal from U Operator. everything works fine, EXCEPT, the Operator / Carrier Name appeared to be the U operator even when i am using the M services, signals, data access everything work perfectly !! ... 

and if i manually scan for operators, the one that i am subscribing to it didn't appeared in the list, but the old operator has 3 options in the list, naturally, 2 of them won't register, and 1 of them registered successfully, hence displaying WRONG CARRIER NAME. 

i have called, and tried numerous methods, changing SIM, swapping phones to test if the SIM could be giving problems etc ... and could well conclude that .. it's definitely the PHONE's SYSTEM that is facing the problem of changing the carrier name accordingly. 

did anyone face the same ? ... and if there could be a workable solution on this ? ... 
cos i researched, even a hard reset wouldn't solve the problem ... that' when i decided not to go through the hassles. 

7 Comments
Galaxy Note
U operator... M operator...
Umobile and Maxis?
0 Likes
SJO
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Yes .. they are ..
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
I face this issue before , I port from Digi to Umobile , just search for the network and then select the correct one , it will display the correct Telco after that.

Do you try to put the sim card to another phone ? Did it display Maxis ?
0 Likes
SJO
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Swapped the sim to another phone .. reflected accordingly without problem.. meaning it's not SIM faulty .. as explained ... me too tried to search network operator manually .. but none of the options reflected Maxis !!! .. and I have 3 options from U ..
0 Likes
Amalina85
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
U cuba remove simcard dan shutdown handphone after that u insert simcard,handphone alam keadaan shutdown.after that switch on handphone and u check it carrier name appeared still U operator or M operator.actually,this problem will happen if insert simcard ,not shutdown handphone first.u try .i hope it will help u :)
0 Likes
SJO
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Tried previously... sama saja ... masih dalam U !!!
0 Likes
SJO
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Updates ya ... as it didn't affect normal connection to the telco .. just ignore ..
About 2 days ago .. surprisingly... it reinstated the right telco name .. don't ask me how and why .. just happened ...
0 Likes