Original topic:

greenish display Note9 update 16 May 2020

(Topic created on: 05-16-2020 01:07 PM)
WKNG
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Few updates about the greenish display note9

1. we hv some friends from other parts of the world said that their service center help the note9 user to update software in order to resolve the display greenish problem. But in malaysia especially my experience, the service center will ask for payment for display replacement... so different solution, for similar problem?? 

2. Most users encountered the display happened after March update. If those for replace the display with cost... is the display only due to the software update? We r waiting the concrete solution

3. Some users said the may update can solve the display issue. Can samsung help us to verify this?

Thank you all note9 users who hv the similar problem. Please share you experince here. 

Sharing is caring. 
13 Comments
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note

for your statement no 3... whether may update can solve or not, we dont know, even samsung tell us it can, but still, the answer can only be known after the update is done...

0 Likes
WKNG
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
i get shocked that service center will ask for display repair and not the software update when i sent my phone to service center. Different location, different solution for same problem?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Samsung malaysia please investigate this issue and compensate us with a new screen! its unfair to ask customer to pay for something broken by your software update. And tell your help line/live chat staff dont always reply customer by saying this is only happen to 1 or 2 customer so far. We can change to use other brand anytime!
ZOOL90
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
the March20 update cause the damage for thousands of users.. including me! whoever faced this problem, please lodge a complaint to Samsung via member apps or email to Samsung Malaysia (both CEO & technical support).. as Samsung told me this wasn't issues for others Note9 users...
YnJ
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
well..it's also happened to S10e...and it's still not fixed by software update 😑
0 Likes
huxley
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note
I have this problem for S8 too :(
0 Likes
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note

For S8, most likely is your screen faulty or damage already, I do not remember S8 receiving Android 10 update...

0 Likes
huxley
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note
hrmm, you're right, it's on Android 9 only (latest update available for S8).

But this happened out of the blue, I didn't drop the phone, and the problem is exactly like how everyone else here is facing.
0 Likes
MOD_2
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear WKNG,

This is moderator from Samsung Members Community.

You have an option to try and wipe the cache partition on your device to see if that helps any.

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.

After performing this step and ff you have already tried testing your device in safe mode and the symptoms still occur, we would recommend having the device evaluated by a technician at your nearby Samsung Service Centre. Make sure the device is fully backed up before the evaluation so you won't lose any important data. You can make your appointment here before heading to service centre.

If repairs are needed, they will give you further options that are available to you.

Thank you.

0 Likes