cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note20 Ultra Camera with poor focus on close ups.

(Topic created on: 06-06-2021 08:53 PM)
StefT
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Just bought Note20 Ultra, but the focus point for close up shots are bad. They are blurry to be exact. Unless i bring the phone much away from item..then zoom in to take picture..then the picture will turn out more acceptable.. its such a big contrast from my previous S9+, which i have no complaints on the camera. Anyone has any advise how to fix this issue? I have already reset camera settings back to default.
12 Comments
SamsungPradeep
Options
Galaxy Note

Hello StefT. I am Rifa from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. We recommend you to reset the camera settings by following the steps below:

- Open the Camera app > tap Settings (Gear icon) > tap Reset Camera settings.

If the issue persists, please contact our Samsung Care Line at 1800-425-2997 and our experts will be able to advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I feel that there is a problem too for this on note20 ultra. I previously hold this phone and switched to s21 ultra. One of the reason why I changed is the camera focus on near object. Very disappointing for a flagship model.

However there is an focus enhancer mode which I think is via Samsung monthly update. Have you try that as well?

There will be a small icon (2 circles symbol overlapping) appears on the bottom left of your camera
0 Likes
StefT
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi jamesbob, is S21 any better? Im still using my S9+ to take pics and then transfer to my Note20 ultra to use the photo. Its....utterly disappointing after having paid so much for an expensive model n having a sub-par camera.

I have not heard of the focus enhancer. But thanks for telling me about it. I will try to look it up.
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
The focus enhancer mode will appear when you put your object relative near to the lens.

Lastly, you can try using wide angle lens and take macro shot. Hope this works well.

The past 2 monthly patches from Samsung seem well on all camera mode. At least I am getting value for money on s21 ultra..

Sorry I can't help much but I have watch YouTube with other ppl sharing ideas .. one of which i watched taught me to use wide angle to take macro shoot. I think this is better instead of the focus enhancer because the latter is like digitally enhanced
StefT
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
@jamesbob thank you for the tips. Will look into it n hopefully samsung will come up with software updates that can help correct this problem somehow in the near future.
0 Likes
StefT
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
May I ask whicu model from the S21 range u got?
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
S21 Ultra 256g model
StefT
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Thanks
0 Likes
dece870717
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Have same exact problem, but slightly worse. I attached a few pics I took right after opening the camera app and took pictures right then and there. And then funny thing is, I tried to take a close up of something and then just randomly fixed it self, and then within minutes back to garbage.

What's worse is the fact that I know that it didn't always do this. I know my wifes Galaxy S20 FE definitely doesn't have this problem.

20220521_190217.jpg

20220521_190212.jpg

20220521_191002.jpg

0 Likes