Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Note20 Ultra issues with Maxis VoLTE

(Topic created on: 02-17-2021 07:36 PM)
silentgamma
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Has anyone been getting any issues with your maxis phone line because of VoLTE being enabled. Been using the note as soon as it came out and it was absolutely fine. But since the VoLTE got activated, my smartphone has been acting so weirdly. The VoLTE seems to be interfering with my calls, so this is what happens:

1) I call someone, the line keeps ringing from my end. However, that person has accepted the call and its connected and no sound is heard from my end. All of this happens whilst it is still ringing in my end.

2) I call someone, they attend the call but i can't hear them talking while they can hear me saying hello.

3) I call somone, it keeps ringing but they never got any kind of calls.

All of this issue had to be resolved by me ending the call and calling them back again. Like every time for 7-15 times a day at random times (you can never predict when the issues is gonna pop up).

The worst part is when i head to Maxis they disagree its anything to do with them and say 

Samsung activated it when you know its usually the carrier service that can do such things. When i took it a Samsung centre, they updated the software which doesn't help at all. Anyone knows any kind of method, since when i called Maxis they had mentioned a lot of Note users face similar issues.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kimiyukiko
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
install samsung band and go to more network setting and turn off volte

View solution in context

Solution
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes, happened to me too, need to press speaker phone and turn off only normal.
However, i choose 2G/3G @ network mode.
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select 3G/2G instead of LTE/3G/2G.

View solution in context

18 Comments
Solution
Kimiyukiko
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
install samsung band and go to more network setting and turn off volte
silentgamma
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
OMG thanks a bunch, been having this problem for so long and you're saviour for suggesting this. Hopefully this is what that's been interfering and it has been resolved now👍💙
Solution
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Yes, happened to me too, need to press speaker phone and turn off only normal.
However, i choose 2G/3G @ network mode.
Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select 3G/2G instead of LTE/3G/2G.
silentgamma
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
that's what they suggested in maxis, but my data would be slower than ever which is why i didn't do it
0 Likes
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
data slower due to most people stay at home so use internet all the time 😀
0 Likes
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
please click 3 dots to accept my answer as solution if you found it useful.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Unrelated but do u experience worse internet connection in your Maxis connection than before? My unifi has been getting 2mbps download and 0.2mbps upload and its so terrifying
silentgamma
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
is it your mobile data bad or is your unifi very slow now? if its your unifi, just ring up their customer service at 100 through your landline and explain the situation. Try to have your laptop with you so that you can do speedtest using their website for them to know the internet speed.

If and when you're internet is slow, they would suggest that they'll reset your internet port to reboot it and you'll lose the call connection. Try getting your report number right before doing this.

This number could be used if the internet is still slower after rebooting and there is a service disruption for a long time.

Finally, you can email help@tm.com.my to claim rebate value for service disruption which will reflect in your next billing.
Galaxy Note
Ok tysm
0 Likes