Original topic:

Samsung Note 9 cannot unlock phone carrier or remove OPTUS boot logo?

(Topic created on: 04-13-2021 03:28 PM)
crispylemo
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note

I would like to change my Note 9 phone CSC to XSA so I can use whatever carrier I like. I understand that Samsung does not allow changing CSC to stop people selling phones from different regions. That is not what I'm trying to do. To be extremely clear all I want is to be able to change my Note 9 CSC to another Australia region CSC. Not even the Optus store can do this for me. Can you provide a tool to change your CSC code to another CSC in the same region? E.g; TEL, VAU, XSA

My phone Details

Model number: SM-N960F

Bootloader version: 8

CSC: OPS

Firmware: Latest

The phone codes both in default phone app and google phone app did not bring up the change CSC menu. The CSC changing phone codes currently do not work on the Samsung Note 9. I flashed my phones with Odin to the latest sammobile firmware SM-N960F (XSA) then SM-N960F (TEL). Neither one change the CSC because it is all the same multi-CSC firmware.

As for flashing a combination file and changing CSC with RealTerm. There were no combination files for bootloader version 8 and you cannot downgrade your bootloader version. It also might void the warranty so I didn't do it. This is the article for those of you who are on bootloader 3 https://soldant.wordpress.com/2019/03/04/how-to-change-csc-on-galaxy-note-9-sm-n960f/

To be extra clear because the help teams leave pathetic copy and paste answers just pointing to their guidelines. My questions are: Can you provide a tool to change the CSC on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to a different CSC with the same region? Is changing the CSC the only way to remove the OPTUS boot logo if not then how can it be removed?

2 Comments
Galaxy Note
As long as your carrier is locked, its locked. Samsung wont do something for 1 of the 100 mil users in the world
0 Likes
StephCY
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
That's why purchase unlocked phones if you're thinking of getting them from overseas.
0 Likes