Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra cracks too easily?

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 09:49 PM)
JiHyunLee
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I've personally not really being affected from cracked screen from all of my phones in the past, only till when I first own a smartphone which broke in just 5 months of usage, plus with proper care, which is the Galaxy Note10+. Subsequently, Samsung used thinner and even thinner glass, despite improving the glass quality to Gorilla Glass Victus, the glass quality still manages to shattered in only 6 months of usage. Same problem goes with the Galaxy S22 Ultra. It's Samsung first attempt to use Victus+ for the front and back, and despite that, oh yeah, Samsung claims to be also using Armour Aluminum for the frame of the phone and the phone apparently still manages to get deep scratches and dents despite me babying it. With only 3 weeks of usage, the front of my Galaxy S22 Ultra shattered. This a real huge deal as the glass they use this year especially is similar to the year where Samsung claims to be using Gorilla Glass 5 on the Galaxy S8 back in 2017, and yet cracks super easily as the glass is way too thin. I wonder what's with this problems on the Galaxy S22 Ultra, anyone bother to let me know? 
As for now, the most tough Galaxy S Flagship is still the Galaxy S21 Ultra. Not that it's build like a tank or that it's using the old Gorilla Glass Victus, but the thickness of the frame do sometimes help absorb shocks while being dropped.
8 Comments
niunai
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'm facing issues of faint scratches. Previous versions of Galaxy phones that I have used did not have this issue. I don't even have keys so it definitely wasn't caused by that. You can tell the glass quality isn't good and I can't even get a replacement for it even though it's been barely a month. Samsung care+ doesn't cover it too.
JOGK
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sure? This glass supposed to be tougher than the old models
0 Likes
JiHyunLee
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yep, though it's a step up from Gorilla Glass Victus, probably it's Samsung creating the glass thinner than what it was initially crafted, and many users on Twitter and Youtubers have been reporting that their Galaxy S22 Ultra's have been broken. One of which is Sakitech.
0 Likes
mebert518
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Yeah, the statement that this is the strongest glass made or available is just wrong.  I had the Note 20 Ultra and with one small drop, the front and back glass cracked.  I had the phone for mere weeks and it became totally useless so I had to upgrade.  I chose the S22 Ultra.  Again, within a month or two, I had started having connectivity issues with my carrier.  I had to swap out the SIM card to see if that would fix the issue.  When I removed my case, the back glass was cracked.  I don't even remember dropping or hitting the phone off of anything hard.  The same thing happened to my Galaxy Watch 4.   With one small tap against something hard, I chipped the edge of the screen and then the whole thing cracked in multiple places.  I have ALWAYS used screen protectors and cases, by the way.  This is NOT how my older devices performed.  I used to remark to everyone who had an iPhone with a smashed screen that my Samsung products were bulletproof.  I was pretty shocked that drops and kicks and some seriously rough treatment never hurt anything on my old Galaxy devices.  This new glass is terrible and from what I've been reading it's due to the thinness of the Victus + glass used on the flagship S22 Ultra.  What a nightmare it's been trying to get things fixed this time, too.  I am now stuck with the dilemma of whether to buy another Samsung phone or go in a completely different direction. 

0 Likes
LeBurf
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Same problem. I had an s9 for ages with countless hideous drops. The screen surived every one. My s22 had a significant hairline fracture in it within a few weeks or so. The worst stack its had is only off a sofa or bed and that is with the same protector case type as my s9. 

I think the ought to be repaired under warranty as not fit for purpose -...although I'm wishing myself good luck with that🤔 

0 Likes
BobinGA
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same issues here.. S9, S10 with zero issues. The S22 now has 2 small chipped areas and I can't figure out how they happened. 

Otterbox protected as well and I quite careful with my phone. This glass is junk. 

0 Likes
Abdullah23
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have samsung s22 ultra. Its screen broken at the edge while it was in my pocket with another phone. The screen broke on the edge like someone hit it with a nail and with cracks scatterd all over the screen. I thought I droped the phone but I am sure I didn't. The screen still working but sometime it goes black. I replaced it with a new one (cost me around $350).  2 months later the same thing happen. I pick my phone from my pocket and it is broken on the edge. Same as before looks like somebody hit it with a nail. It was with another phone. S22 Ulta screen is a rubbish. Under little pressure the glass on the edge will break. After two screen I can say without dought that the screen of S22 Ultra has a design/manufacturing problem and Samsung must make product recall to keep its reputation otherwise customers will turn to other competitors.

In my life, all my phone don't break except S22 ultra broken twice in less than 8 months.

Keepitsteel
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

I bought the Note 8,9 & 10, s21 and s22 ultra, after  this latest screen damage on the s22 I've made the decision never to buy Samsung again. The screens are getting worse. 

0 Likes