Original topic:

My S10 behaving oddly after the Sept update

(Topic created on: 09-18-2020 11:09 PM)
KJ26
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Anybody with the S10 series facing any quirky behaviour after the latest update? My Samsung Members app deleted itself sometime last night then later I noticed that all my apps were granted permission for background data usage (which I've I denied from the beginning to conserve battery) and permission was also given for my apps to run activity in the background (which I've also restricted right from the beginning). The last thing is that it seems like my battery is draining much faster after the update too (i dont have any data to substantiate this claim).

10 Comments
AdamWilcon
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
and bixby voice always running at background.
0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Erm.... AdamWilcon, are you experiencing any other quirkiness besides the bixby voice always running in background, like any of the ones I mentioned?

Fyi, the bixby voice was preset and locked (by Samsung) to have it running in background and this bixby voice app also has all the permissions it wants and we have no control over it at all since day one of you owning your phone.
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
hmm
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
try to restart your phone
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
if the problem is still the same I think you should reset your phone
0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I've restarted my phone and I've also cleared my system cache and so far the only remaining prob is the battery drain.
0 Likes
Rabbito
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
my s10+ a bit same problem with urs... when i open social media which is fb n ig... its just stack like freeze... anyone have hve the solution?
0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Clear your system cache bro, I've done it and it helps fix a couple of bugs here and there but some still remains (hopefully it'll clear off when we get the oct update).

Clear System Cache
- Switch of your phone
- PRESS and HOLD the Power, Volume Up and Bixby button all at the same time for 5 to 7 secs
- System menu will appear
- From system menu, scroll down using the volume button until you see Clear System Cache
- Use the Power button to select
- Once this is done, wait for like a sec or 2 then u will see the option Reboot System.
-Once you've selected Reboot, you're done.

* Clear System Cache after every update, especially major ones like the update we recently
Tasin
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I have been having this issues too after this update.But i thought It's just for A series.But now this is time Samsung must do something about this **bleep**.
0 Likes