Original topic:

S20 FE wifi 6 issues

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 11:56 AM)
SureshThadani
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi all, just got two S20 FE  on 25/12/21. one thing i realised is that the phones has issues when connected to wifi 6 and it throttles down the wifi speed. it only happens with both the s20FE. for example if i am connected to wifi6 ( using deco mesh wifi) , at first i will get about 400++ mbps, and after that it goes down to 20 or 30 mbps. it does not happen to any other phone, tab, ipad, comp in my house. this is specific to the phones. Is there any solution to this, ( did phone reset twice already, yet it is not settled). Intending to go to samsung to claim for warranty for two phones with this issues. 

InkedWhatsApp Image 2022-01-03 at 10.39.38_LI.jpg

3 Comments
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
2 questions :

Is your mesh Router providing you the WiFi 6 signals or do you have another router that's providing the WiFi 6 signals?

Was the distances between you and the router the same when you took the speed test on WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 signals?
SureshThadani
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yup, i have my note8 and s8 phones, both connected to the wifi5 for the same mesh wifi, getting speeds of 250 to 300plus. But the s20fe very very low. I read online that this is a known issue. The distance of my phone to the mesh router is less than 2-5m, as i stay in a condo. And i have 3 pack x20 for a 1k plus sqft condo. My comp uses wifi6, never had issues like this.
0 Likes
KJ26
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Then I guess its the S20 having issues then. I'm using the Note 20 ultra but I don't think I'm having any issues like yours when I'm on WiFi 6. But I'm hardly on WiFi 6 as my mesh is a WiFi 5 router, my non mesh Huawei router provides the WiFi 6.