Original topic:

s20 for Malaysia region is a scam

(Topic created on: 05-17-2020 10:33 PM)
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
There's something I have noticed being fishy on Samsung's business model. Both the Samsung s20 5G series and the normal S20 series sold in Malaysia is for the same price. To many it may seems nothing much but there's more to it.

Being the 5G variant has a 12GB ram and the normal variant is 8GB. Furthermore, let's not talk about US Canada and KR getting the SD865 variant which is at least 10-20% more efficient than the exynos 990. But the product being same and being more inferior is already unacceptable but why did they reduced the ram by 4GB and took away the 5G capabilities. Isn't this a scam to all Malaysian users purchasing a Samsung S20 device.

Paying the same price for less features. Is it solely because Malaysia has a more linear law on consumer rights so Samsung did this. 

The Taiwanese market is indeed getting the exynos 990 variant as well but they are receiving a 5G and 12GB ram variant of the phone. Taiwan is known to have a strong and strict consumer law. Is this the game that Samsung is playing?

I am a hard-core Samsung Fans but this will definitely be my last Samsung device.

The above is a geekbench score I ran with my S20+ and the second one would be on my Mi 10. Look at the difference. 
9 Comments
MarzukiYusoff
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Everybody knows that samsung Exynos cpu is **bleep** compared to Snapdragon cpu.Overheating on a long use especially when gaming on some game that need high graphic like Fortnite.
Some people knows that even in 2020,Snapdragon is the closest rival to Apple Bionic cpu..mind you,Snapdragon use 8 cores processor (octacore cpu) on their flagship cpu compared to apple 6 cores processor (hexacore) cpu..Now,you can compare Samsung Exynos cpu with Apple cpu yourself.
MarzukiYusoff
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You can see yourself my 1year 7 months iphone xs max score.
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
apple processors is still the best
0 Likes
Nicki_
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yea bro exynos chipset is the worst. i think you can report it to samsung store and maybe change to a new one?
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
my two year flagship phone is even better than samsung s20+ 1😅
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
my exynos 9810 is still running good condition.
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
hey bro let me tell you if want your phone to be in a great condition. always go to device care memory and clean memory. I always do that even gaming no problem no lag everything good.
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
and always close the app if you are not using otherwise you memory will keep running.
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
just keep doing that for a month and try the geekbench.
0 Likes