Original topic:

S20+ Green Lines

(Topic created on: 10-30-2021 01:34 PM)
HuoKian
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
My phone went wrong in August where the screen appeared green suddenly and it went back to normal after a few hours. However, a green vertical line appeared again on my phone all of a sudden last morning. Is it the software update causing it? Anyone has this problem too? 3 of my friends who using S20, S20 Ultra has this problem recently and Samsung Service Centre claimed that it is user's problem?? 
24 Comments
JunHong919192
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I've been using the S20+ for 6 months now, I've taken care of it very carefully as it's my first flagship phone, not a single scratch nor did I ever drop it. A couple of weeks ago in the middle of my screen there was a faint purple line, it was not super obvious from far but close enough it was noticeable, I went to a couple of repair shops & they quote me RM950 ($220 USD) so I decided to not be bothered by that faint line. Today my phone was out of battery & once I charged it and turned it on, A MASSIVE GREEN LINE showed up on the middle of thescreen and apparently this is a common issue among S20+ users.

WHY SAMSUNG, please acknowledge my frustration as I bestowed my trust on samsung for my first flagship phone yet to be dissapointed by it. 

AndyPenang
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi,

Did you manage to get Samsung Malaysia to replace the display for you?

FYI, I'm having the freaking same scenario like yours. At start, the green line was unnoticeable but after charging for a couple of times, the VERTICAL GREEN LINE BECOMES SUPER BRIGHT.

0 Likes
JunHong919192
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi there, yes as of July 2022, you can go to Samsung Service centre to request for a new screen free of charge!

Condition which I was told is :
1. Must be S20+ & has the green line issue, if it's flickering or full blank they won't charge but no harm calling to SC to ask.
2. You have to leave your phone there as they say have to check with HQ to determine whether your phone has any dents or cracks, then only they see whether can claim free of charge screen.
3. This programme is until end of the year 2022
4. I've called Sunway/Pavillion/LowYat & 3 also say can do, you can call any others to confirm whether can change for free or not.

Fyi, they told me that need to leave phone there for 7-9 days, but I got a call 2 working days to pick it up later 👍🏻
0 Likes
nrkl
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My hp s20plus have green line vertical. Boring with products samsung. They didn't give way to soft problems
0 Likes
nrkl
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
S20plus Screenshot_20230112_105722_WhatsApp_1000018033_1673492242.jpg
0 Likes