Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20+ screen with greenish vertical line

(Topic created on: 01-30-2022 09:50 PM)
Members_nkCxmuL
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Sad to find out my S20+ screen one morning just appear to have greenish vertical line. Reboot, hard factory reset, visit to service centre all yield no results. Service centre told me it's probably hardware and i need to pay (~$300++) to change as my warranty has ended.

Don't feel just in paying the repair as it is not due to my fault. Anyway, wondering anyone got similar green lines experience before and somehow manage to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

10 Comments
crs34
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, I also had the vertical green line on my S20+ in December. At first, I experienced a faint green line on the screen. I booked a service centre slot as my S20+ is still under warranty. I also tried to resolve this issue by dialling *#0*#, and then cycling throght red, green and blue.

Link: https://youtu.be/vJxEXOoaovE

This video is for resolving the pink line issue, but I believe the same can be done for the green line issue.

The vertical green line did not disappear on my S20+ immediately after following the steps. After 1-2 days, the vertical green line on my S20+ disappeared.

However, the vertical green line came back again on my S20+ in end December, at that time the green line became more obvious. I had to book another service centre slot to service my S20+ and get the screen replaced.

The vertical green line on your S20+ is known to be a common hardware issue. The quality of the parts has become so bad that comon issues like having a vertical green line on the screen emerge. (I know it s*cks but yeah I might never buy another Samsung phone again after having the S20+. My previous S7 did not have any screen issues.)

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
crs34
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If servicing your S20+ is not an option, maybe you can consider buying a new phone instead of spending $300+ to do a screen replacement if the vertical green line issue persists.
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Members_nkCxmuL. I am Faiz, from Samsung.

We're sorry to learn of your experience with your Galaxy S20+. May we invite you to book an appointment at our service centre - https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/where-to-find-samsung-service-centre-in-singapore/ where our service engineer will assess your device and advise you accordingly?

Thank you.

0 Likes
BenzoTW
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My dad and I have the same problem. We bought our S20+ at the same time. ? I seriously believe the problem is with the hardware. Please advise.
0 Likes
apari94
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I too have same issue 😥😥.. they asking $366 for display replacement which comes with free battery replacement.. did u find any solution to solve it??

I was watching a video n then suddenly green line appeared.. IMG-20220131-WA0003_660_1643607100.jpgIMG-20220131-WA0001_654_1643607027.jpgIMG-20220131-WA0002_657_1643607071.jpg
Members_cB2dyAq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

My S20+ also have green vertical line after update, anyway to rectify this?

0 Likes
JohnD0e
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have the same issue, I was watching something when it appeared suddenly, I rarely drop my phone and take good care of it. Very disappointed. Its a flagship phone....

0 Likes
BenzoTW
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same issue here. My dad and my S20+ both down with this issue. Any solution other than paying $369 to replace the sceen?
0 Likes
Members_JNu509n
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

pink vertical line appeared randomly on my s20+ when i woke up today. happened after the one ui 4.0 update as well, seems like many others facing the issue too. literally never dropped my phone ever and took good care of it yet this happens after 1.5 years. sigh

0 Likes