Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S21 ultra updated with android 12. BMW digital key

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 07:25 PM)
Neville120
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone experienced after installing Android 12, their MyBMW app shows the digital key tile (prior to the update there are four tiles without the digital key tile), however when trying to install the key it says device incompatible. 

It was announced that currently Samsung S21 series and Pixel 6 with Android 12 will be able to install BMW digital key to their phones. You are able to use your phones to lock and unlock your cars and start the engine. Just like a key fob. Unfortunately when I tried installing digital keys, I get a device incompatible message. Sad...i waited and looked forward to this feature. But it's still unavailable. Sigh. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Availability of BMW Digital Key for Android smartphones:

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro: U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Australia, Taiwan and Singapore

Samsung Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra: France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Spain, United Kingdom, United States.

Source: https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0362094EN/bmw-digital-key-now-available-for-an...

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Comments
Solution
Galaxy S
Availability of BMW Digital Key for Android smartphones:

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro: U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Australia, Taiwan and Singapore

Samsung Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra: France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Spain, United Kingdom, United States.

Source: https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0362094EN/bmw-digital-key-now-available-for-an...

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Neville120
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks for this information. It seems like the feature is not available in Singapore
Galaxy S
No problem. If you've find my solution helpful, you can click on the 3 dots and then click on 'accept solution' 👍
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Neville120. I am Avinash, from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. We would like to propose the Smart Tutor. The advantage is, we will be able to assist you with further troubleshooting over the call. Please call our Samsung Care Line 1800-726-7864 regarding this service. Our experts at Samsung Care Line will advise and assist you in details.

Thank you.

0 Likes
xMIKExSMITHx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I just purchased the S21 Ultra yesterday because my Note 10+ was incompatible with the BMW digital key. I tried to set up the phone as a digital main key, with NFC turned "on" on my phone, along with my driver profile in the BMW app signed in, and BOTH keys in the car as the BMW app says to do, and get all the way to the pairing part, then I get an "error with pairing your digital key" pops up. I am frustrated because if this feature does not work, I now need to pay a $50 restocking fee to return this phone as this was the main reason I upgraded to it.

0 Likes
Rlamb7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

BMW Digital Key with Samsung S21 Ultra 5G still doesn't work. I have the Samsung S21 Plus and despite the information from BMW from several months ago, it indicates that the samsung S21 "series" is already compatible, it is still not possible to connect the Digital Key on the IX40. The samsung software is up to date and it doesn't work. Frustrating!
Information from 1-12-2021 : https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/portugal/article/detail/T0362138EN/bmw-digital-key-now-available-for-...

0 Likes
kaileybutler052
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The idea of controlling the car from the phone, for a long time nurtured since 2017. And there was even a scheme for implementing this, hardware software complex (of course not on the native BC to implement it) and in parallel to implement. And here's where it went. Good idea was ))))

LED-Licht legal im Auto nachrüsten: Philips h7 led vergleich im Test

0 Likes