Original topic:

S24 Series? Green Line Issue Again?

(Topic created on: 02-20-2024 08:14 AM)
LiHuan
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, everyone.

In these past few months, I have been very frustrated by a green line which has been running vertically down the centre of my S21 Ultra. In this context, I am considering whether it would be wise to get the S24+. Recently posted online reports of the green line issue that has been affecting the S24 Ultra has been troubling and are leading me to put off any S24 series purchase.

Would members here be able to kindly advise?

Samsung SG, what would you kindly provide if S24 series customers would buy any of the S24 *** only to suffer the green line issue? I would think that potential customers would be discouraged from buying if adequate customer care could not be counted upon.

With sincere thanks.
6 Comments
bersjx
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
S24 also hav reported green line? Omg.
Ramnemesis
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung will fix the Green line om the s21. Both mine and my wife's phone had the problem and was charged $54
You get a new screen
Why we pay for Samsungs fault is another topic
Cheuy
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

How you got a new screen with only $54 in SG?

I jus got my S22 hit this greenline while automatically upgrading oneUI 6. Definitely no drop, not a single fine scratch!

called samsung hotline. I did restart, safe mode, and even factory reset as they advised. Nothing works.

Now I have to go to service center to pay this $299 screen replacement fee.

The other phone brand like vivo, oppo had this LCD line issue in earlier model also, customers all got free screen replacement.

From internet, it seems Samsung India offers free screen replacement for this greenline issue as well.

Sadly Samsung SG totally denies it as their manufacture defect, as a big brand. It's not very decent

0 Likes
Dudu-Pig
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Repair prices for Samsung in Singapore surprised me. In my case, with my Samsung Galaxy S21, purchased two years ago and now out of warranty, I encountered a green line issue after updating to the new version of OneUI. I went to the Samsung Service Centre at Singapore, and the service centre quoted me SGD260++ for a new screen, which I found shocking, so I decided not to proceed with the repair.

After visiting the service centre, I called the customer service hotline to double-check the price. The lady who answered advised me to return to the service centre. Upon researching online, I discovered many Samsung users facing the same green line issue after updates, possibly due to the update causing hardware overheating and screen damage.

My brother's Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, bought in Malaysia, also had the green line issue. However, Samsung Malaysia fixed it free of charge, even out of warranty. The staff explained that many users faced this issue post-update, leading Samsung to address it at no cost. I am disappointed that Singapore Samsung did not adopt a similar approach and instead suggested a costly screen replacement of SGD260++. This high cost makes me feel that Samsung is not a user-friendly brand in Singapore.
bharat11
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I happy that then green line episode is over with oppo/1+ phones if my phone gets it I'm getting a oppo reno 12
0 Likes
Galaxy S

No line issues with S24, but I am experiencing another issue with S24 , the mobile network keep dropping. It's under repair; they are replacing the entire motherboard.

I learned that Samsung SG does not cover line issues even under warranty. I was facing line issues with my old S21. So think twice/thrice before you opt for another Samsung device. It's better to switch to another brand. They are cheap and have better hardware quality. Don't fall for cheap gimmicks like AI and all. What are you going to do with that when basic features like display and network are not working?

0 Likes