Original topic:

S9+ water damage

(Topic created on: 11-15-2020 04:49 PM)
MQK
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Water eventually get its way inside my phone due to my cracked glass. Now I have incurred water damage. No display but instead, screens flickering with green-yellow light but only if I press the power button or on-screen home button. Can’t seem to turn the phone off now since I have no control. Maybe just wait till the battery dies. 

Anyone knows how much will it cost me for a water damage repair? Or what should I do to prevent further damage to the phone.

Thanks .

11 Comments
Putramie
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Your case is almost similar like mine.Not due to cracked glass but the water damage came from the phone is submerge into the pool.Lucky i able to switch off immedietly by pressing the power button and leave overnight inside the dry rice container by take out the sim card tray.If you have a vacum cleaner with small tip nozle try to vacum it from the simcard hole to remove the water or moisture residue but dont vacum to hard ya...Try to switch on again after 24 to 48 hours time...I hope it will help...
0 Likes
MQK
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thanks for the suggestion Sir. Appreciate that. Unfortunately since there is no display whatsoever on the screen, I can’t turn the phone off. I also can’t control anything. Maybe my LCD’s toast due to water damage. I’ll head straight to repair centre I guess. Thanks again. Cheers 🥂 

0 Likes
Thevar
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
prices at service center with SST

labor cost can range from RM60-RM85

galaxy-s_2678.jpg

0 Likes
MQK
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Thank you so much Sir ! But does LCD screen repair cost include the glass for S9+?

0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
ya it should be
0 Likes
Nicki_
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
i had water damage before. mine is back to normal after i put my s9 into the dry rice for 2 days.
0 Likes
MQK
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I’ve tried but unfortunately nothing’s changed. My screen still won’t display anything. But thank you anyway for replying ! 👍🏻😄

0 Likes
Putramie
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
On top of that Did u try to connect the charger after 2 or 3 days.Its to make sure the phone still can be charging as you can see the red light on the top of the left corner.If dont have a light mean your phone is totally death.
0 Likes
MQK
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I did and it can still be charged. Thank you for the suggestion though.

0 Likes