Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

very BAD BOKEH on S21 Ultra Exynoss

(Topic created on: 02-17-2021 09:46 AM)
photomasterz
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, i v been a photographer for almost 20 years. I tried hundres of shots ranging from high end dslr cameras to mobile.

I used to take photos with Note10 plus, and the latest one is S21 Ultra 16gb ram. What i noticed was when taking BOKEH photos with live focus/ protrait mode, the old Note 10 plus rendered much much better than s21 ultra Bokeh elements, which i guaranteed close to natural dslr lens bokeh in Note10 plus.
While the latest high end S21 ultra is struggling to assimilate the natural dslr bokeh with uneven and false , fake edge as if i am using the 300dollar phones!!!!

I am very disappointed, i bought an expensive phone, expectiing more than jus a 2 year old phone like note 10 plus!!😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Please mark my answer as solution by using the 'three dots' button beside my comment

View solution in context

0 Likes
14 Comments
Galaxy S
Note 10 Plus uses depth vision sensor while S21 Ultra does NOT have a depth vision sensor. The S21 Ultra only has a Laser AF which is not designed for bokeh.
0 Likes
Solution
Galaxy S
Please mark my answer as solution by using the 'three dots' button beside my comment
0 Likes
photomasterz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
tq.. i want to resell my s21 ultra.. 😭😭😭😭
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You are welcome.... Since the S20 Ultra they removed the depth sensor so only phones with high quality depth vision sensors like Note 10 plus will do the job.
Galaxy S
The S21 Ultra uses the Laser AF to select object, and use software to blur it out, which is not as good as the one of N10
Galaxy S
Also a reason why they use Laser AF instead of Depth vision is because, 108MP sensors always have focus issues, to fix the focus issues they replaced the Depth sensor with Laser AF
photomasterz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thnks for the info.. regret to buy this since i am more to mobile photography work😭
Hicool
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
you should buy samsung galaxy note 20 ultra dude-itsss perfectt
photomasterz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
but still the same because Note20 ultra also doesnt have the TOF sensor ☹️☹️