Did you mean: 

Original topic:

wechat notification not showing

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 09:00 PM)
Jazzmint90
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
hi can anyone help giving some tips on all the setting? all the wechat Notification just wasn't showing, need to click into the app then the messages start appearing. thanks in advance! 
11 Comments
Galaxy S
You can check if the app is under 'Sleeping' or 'deep sleeping' apps. Settings > battery and device care> battery > background usage limits
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You can add we chat to never sleeping apps. You can also allow the app to never optimize battery usage by going to settings > apps > we chat > optimize battery usage > change app not optimized to all > scroll down to we chat and click off the toggle.
nach248
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

"You can also allow the app to never optimize battery usage by going to settings > apps > we chat > optimize battery usage > change app not optimized to all > scroll down to we chat and click off the toggle."

This has fixed it for me! I was beginning to pull my hair out and give up on ever getting this fixed until I came across this! So important to get this fixed! I can't thank you enough!

simoz99
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

This was a good solution which gave me a clue of how to solve the issue on Galaxy A52s 5G. Under Wechat>App Info>Battery>Use Details I selected "Unrestricted". It was originally set to "Optimised". I've had this problem for months and finally found a solution.

Screenshot_20230109-122523_Settings.jpg

The only issue is battery life. I have no idea how much it will reduce my battery life.

0 Likes
GibsonYap
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You should go to wechat app info👉🏻battery 👉🏻select middle one....Screenshot_20211205-120435_Settings_72721_1638677075.jpg
0 Likes
simoz99
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

The middle one (优化- Optimise) didn't work for me. I had to choose 不受限制(Unrestricted) for it to work.

It was possible that I had the issue because I rarely use WeChat and optimise was restricting the app based on my use of it.

SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Jazzmint90. I am Faiz,from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. Can we trouble you to perform following troubleshooting steps?

Step 1: Perform “Soft Reset”. Kindly refer to the below steps:
>> Please hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously. While holding both of the buttons, the phone will automatically restart.
>> You can release the buttons once the phone prompt with Samsung logo after the phone already turn on

Step 2: Clear individual Cached Data
- Settings > Apps > Wechat> Storage > Clear Cache.

Step 3: Check on app update
- Tap on Play Store> Tap on 3 lines (top left)> Tap on my apps and games> Tap on update all
- Tap on Galaxy Store> Tap on 3 lines (top left)> Tap on updates> Tap on update all

Step 4: Check on notification
- Settings > Apps > Wechat> App notification > Enable "Show notification".

Please call our Samsung Care Line 1800-726-7864 for Smart Tutor Service if the issue persists. The advantage is, we will be able to assist you with further troubleshooting over the call.

Thank you

0 Likes
simoz99
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Soft reset worked for receiving one notification however after I tested it again, I couldn't receive any. I set WeChat's battery usage to "Unrestricted" and it worked. See my reply above for details.

0 Likes
Johnny333333
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, I tried all tips and steps , not working 😕. What should I do 

0 Likes