Original topic:

Green Line on the screen

(Topic created on: 12-02-2023 08:36 PM)
Izran
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z
last week i noticed that a green line appears on the screen of my Samsung Galaxy Z-Flip 3. I have tried everything to get rid of it but not successful. The same thing happened to my S22 Ultra. This happened after i updated both phones with the latest UI 5.1.1 

Please help me how to fix this!

And i am yet to receive UI 6.0 update for Samsung Galaxy Z-Flip 3

Thanks
10 Comments
アミラ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z
Oh my god! I have same issue too. My S21 recently also got green line. I just scroll my social media and suddenly it appeared the green line. Okayy.. maybe this is because side effect my phone fall many times before this 😅

My advise is, try to contact Samsung customer service live chat first. They will suggested a few steps to know the problems. But if it not solved, the last thing you need to do is send to any service centre for screen replacement. Im suggested to go to nearest Samsung Authorized Service Centre to repair your phone rather than go to any third party service centre because they will charge you more ! Last time I survey the price at third party service centre, it will cost me RM1100 for screen replacement for S21 ! Not sure if it included repaired fee or just the price of screen. And at Official Samsung Service Centre will costs me RM750++. See how much you can saved ! Andd there will no gurantee that water resistance will function well if you decide to repair at third party service centre.

Screen replacement for your Z-Flip maybe it will cost you around RM1k smtg. Same goes to S22Ultra maybe it will cost you around that price too. But if you still get warranty for your phone, fret not, it will charge you free for screen replacement.

Good luck !

p/s: I'm maybe look like a pro explaining to you but actually I'm not working at Samsung, but yeah... Hope Samsung can consider me to be part of their team 🫣😂💅🏻
Izran
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Thank you.i guess i will buy a new phone
0 Likes
アミラ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z
Please dont feel demotivated from my prev replied. The price is vary from diff outlet. Maybe your problems are not the screen, maybe it just software or smtg. Please asked them first before considered buy the new one !
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
But then how many are due to software issue when it is obvious is an hardware issue.
0 Likes
Izran
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
How is it a hardware issue when it happpened to both of phones?. I have Z-Flip 3 and S20 ultra. Both have green lines after software update
0 Likes
Izran
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Ok thanks for your explanation. Will do
0 Likes
Syuhada347
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I had the same issue last 2 week after update to 5.1.1, mine was z flip 3..I went to samsung service centre after encounter this issue, they said its bcos of lcd, it cost rm1600+ to change & warranty only last for 1mnth..I've decided not to repair bcos most of people faced this, kept telling its not worth as it will happen again after a few months..
Izran
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
So better buy a new phone?
0 Likes
Members_Mpg8dnm
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

same goes to my z flip 3. after update one ui 5.1.1 and if not yet update, samsung keep harras to proceed update the software. once update, the green line appear. I already refer to samsung and since I already use for 24 month, not eligible for 12 month warranty. Is this our fault after update the software? but Samsung say they not responsible for that. No more buying any samsung product after this and I already lodge report to KPDN about this matter because the green line not user fault but the software. I also put this matter on TikTok, Youtube, IG, twitter about what Samsung did and awareness to people who looking for samsung product.