Original topic:

Samsung TU8500 & Netflix

(Topic created on: 08-06-2020 04:15 PM)
Simplejin
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

So I recently got a new Samsung TV (TU8500), been watching netflix on it and found out at time there are blurry image.I guess it might have somethings to do with the internet speed but i have fairly decent internet.

So i was playing around with the info on the TV and it shows movies are playing on 720 almost all the time.I figured it might be because of the content, so i went to look for specific titles that should be Ultra HD in Netflix and tried to play the content.

I found out there under the title it only shows HDR but not Ultra HD 4K. I have the highest package in netflix so it should allow me to access ultra HD if available. So my questions is as follow.

1. Why cant I see Ultra HD under the title? Is it because it detects my internet speed and provide the highest quality automatically?

2. Say I use my PS4 Pro connect to the TV and play Netflix on it, would it be better? Or would it just complicate things? Example hdmi cable, settings ,etc...

2 Comments
MangoTango
Expert Level 3
Others
🤩
0 Likes
Zumaidi
Active Level 8
Others
Have you tested watching Netflix on your phone? Provided that your phone can support Ultra HD.
0 Likes