Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Duo standard across-the-board

(Topic created on: 12-01-2019 07:57 PM)
culverrd
Active Level 1
Options
Suggestions
I feel like all Android devices should have duo baked into their software. Anyone who has a Google account aka every Android user should  then be signed up for it. 

Samsung could start the movement by doing it to all of their devices and maybe the rest would follow. Not sure why Android doesn't just do it in general. There should have been a FaceTime standard across-the-board for Android a long time ago along with RCS messaging. 
4 Comments
Bmart
Active Level 3
Suggestions
It's a preinstalled app on pretty much every Android devices now. You just need that person to launch the app once. They can't force an app to work with out you manually opening it though.
lebanski
Active Level 5
Suggestions
I agree, and yes it does come pre-installed on all android phones but if they want it to work they gotta bake it into everything meaning messages and the phone app. Google does this already but if Samsung is gonna keep their messaging app they need to bake it in and let people duo someone from there. The phone app is typically up to the carrier so they need to just make it duo when you press the video button. If Samsung switches to Google Messages and scraps Samsung messages (which I hope they do for RCS sake and more/better features) that would help some. If they don't do that they need to update their own app to get up with the times. Duo honestly is a great app and competition to FaceTime. As for other phone makers I feel like Google needs to start enforcing these things to make them standard.
Suggestions
I don't use duo and it's not a Samsung app, it's a Google app.
0 Likes
SamsungUSABetaTeam
Community Manager
Options
Suggestions

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.