Original topic:

Active 2 Watch deemed water damage

(Topic created on: 08-08-2021 01:22 PM)
Faithchew23
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

Dear Samsung, it is very frustrating. 

World leading electronic maker, and I have repeatedly trying to feedback that it wasn't a user problem, I have not dropped the watch and I recieved it as a gift. 

And in about a year 3 months later, I brought it to a 1.2m pool and it blacked out after a few minutes. 

I went to service centre, but they were trying so many times to just push me away and said it's their final stand that they need $450+- to fix it. It's the most ridiculous offer from service centre. They are all following protocols and despite many times I requested to escalate this as a product quality issue and it might be a batch problem. They ignored and I just felt like I'm a crazy person for wanting a fair respond from a world class maker on their quality of their product. 

Active 2 not meant for swim? Not meant to be brought into a 1.2m pool? 

And its built to break after mild usage shortly after 1 year? 

And that's the best a world class service centre can do? To disregard a customer real feedback about the product. It's a production fault, and unfortunately I become a victim of this production fault of Samsung. 

Please do something, I've been a user for so so so many years, SMART HOME built with so many Samsung products. But this watch is really making me to start to look elsewhere because the customer service is not reliable! It's an answering machine. Script reading and the most not innovative team ever. 

3 Comments
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Wearables

Hello Faithchew23. I am Avinash, from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. Besides, based on the terms and conditions of our Samsung Singapore warranty under Limitations and Exclusions, if your case falls under cosmetic, physical or liquid damage and will not be covered under Samsung Singapore warranty. The repair will be chargeable. For more information about Samsung Singapore warranty policies, please visit the following link. https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/warranty/

We want you to know that your feedback will give us the chance of making our services better in the future. We also observe some crucial information in your email concerning our products and services as well as the degree of our services.

Thank you.

Faithchew23
Active Level 1
Wearables

Sure Avinash, 

That’s very unfortunate for your brand and product, which is why I can’t take you to CASE, Basically I just can’t do anything but to accept that Samsung has a very bad design product that DROWNED itself in a 1.2 meters baby pool. And all the customer service centre can say is , NAH too bad… I’m sorry not covered under warranty, good luck to you, Bye! 

if that’s what the best Samsung can do…. What a disappointment. 

I just hope there will be enough failures to actually make your guys take this product failure seriously. Must the battery blow up again like it did on the plane?? Guess not.,, 

0 Likes
Members_ipeOatk
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have similar issue. Use the watch for 8 months, never use it in the swimming pool. Only ware it during showering, Samsung service center say water damage not covered under warranty. Decide to change to Huawei

0 Likes