Original topic:

Contact Dermatitis with Galaxy Buds 2 Pro

(Topic created on: 12-31-2022 05:35 PM)
GuntherFurlong
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables

Good evening.

For context, I have been using the Original 1st gen galaxy buds since 2018 until now. No issue with the buds and it's still working.

I recently upgrade to the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 past 4 months or so. 

After a few weeks I've been having weeping, clear discharge from both ears. It does go away after awhile of not using it and resting my ears. The weeping can be bad so much so that it seems both ears are crying. 

But anyways, I decided to rest my ears from the Buds Pro 2 and just yesterday, I tried it again, listened to music for an hour (from 11pm) and this morning, I noticed t the similar situation happening: clear, colourless discharge from both ears. It will be crusted after a few hours but I expect it to resolve in a few days. 

This sounds to me like contact dermatitis. 

Something in these new Buds Pro 2 that is causing this problem, some material used. is it nickle? Or something similar.

I'm obviously not happy with the buds, love the produce design and sound quality but it is now unusable.

You can find many similar threads on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxybuds/comments/wybcl4/possible_ear_issues_related_to_galaxy_buds_2_pro... 

I don't know if I'll ever buy a new galaxy buds in the near future. 

26 Comments
AfiqDanny
Active Level 3
Wearables
I'm using the galaxy buds live and have the same issue with my ear. Huhuhu what's wrong? 😢
Wearables

Are still using it regularly?

AfiqDanny
Active Level 3
Wearables
Yup I still use it
0 Likes
Wearables
Doesn't it bother you enough to stop using it?
0 Likes
AfiqDanny
Active Level 3
Wearables
Well not really, but soon after I finished using it, the itchiness become unbearable
0 Likes
TonySY3
Active Level 10
Wearables
Bring the buds to go see doctor and get the discharge checked out
0 Likes
Wearables

Done that. Buds are cleans and I have always kept the buds clean. 

TonySY3
Active Level 10
Wearables
Yeah that's good and remember don't put the buds in your ear over night, let it charge in the case 😉
0 Likes
Wearables
That doesn't solve the problem. I'm not gonna use it anymore as any use of the Buds Pro 2 will cause the situation I mentioned in the Mai post.