Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Prevent calls transferring to Galaxy Watch 5 rather than phone

(Topic created on: 08-22-2023 03:24 AM)
Headwesty
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I have experienced a few occasions where I have been on a call in Android Auto.  When switching off the car the call does not transfer to the phone as I would expect but I suddenly find I'm talking to my wrist.   Is there a way to prevent this happening?   (I rather liked the Galaxy Watch Active I had before since it had no speaker.  There was no possible combination of settings and stupidity that could cause it to make a sound!)

(Galaxy Watch 5, Asus Zenfone8 )

1 Solution

6 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
I believe you could choose on whether to answer using the watch or the phone on the phone itself.
Have you tried it?
0 Likes
Headwesty
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Well I certainly don't get the choice when it happens although I am hoping there is a setting somewhere to prevent it.  I just had a similar issue when I started a call with a headset plugged in (yes the Zenfone has a 3.5mm socket). I unplugged it hoping to go to speakerphone (I was talking to TV licensing and they needed to speak to my 91-year old mother-in-law) and instead it just transferred to the watch!  I don't understand why it didn't continue on the phone!   So I ended up holding a watch to the hearing aids of my confused mother-in-law...

In my view it should never transfer to the watch unless you call or answer from the watch to start with.

(Sorry it took a while to respond - I didn't get a notification)

0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Wearables
During a call, you could choose the output, whether to the phone internal speaker, speaker phone or bluetooth output, in this case your watch.
These choices are always available in the call menu.
0 Likes
Headwesty
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Yep that's what I wanted:

• On the phone go to Bluetooth > Galaxy Watch
  • Press the Gear icon
  • Turn off 'Phone calls'

Excellent!  Many thanks

mink100
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Currently having problem with watch taking calls and "manually" having to move it over to the phone.

But, I want my phone on silent, but want my watch to vibrate notifying me a phone call is coming in.

If you turn off "phone calls" in Bluetooth,

will I now  NOT get notified a call is coming in?

0 Likes