Original topic:

[Review] - Buds2Pro Early Impressions

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 01:49 PM)
jonloo1126
Active Level 6
Options
Wearables
10 days since I've started using the Buds 2 Pro loaned to me by Samsung Malaysia! Here are my early impressions.

1. Build Quality
The build quality of the buds and its case was really good! Both comes in a smooth, matte finish that does not stain easily even with sweaty palms. The charging case closes snappily and was relatively easy to handle with just one hand.

2. Portability
Since receiving the buds, they've been my constant companion in my pocket! The thickness was half the height of my thumb and fits easily within your palms.

Compact and portable, the Buds2Pro have been living in my pocket as my daily driver!

3. Comfort
As l was not given different earbud sizes with this loan unit, l was unable to attain a good fit with my larger ears according to the app. It does not fall off, but with certain jaw movement ! could feel the earbuds pop out.

Make sure to check and use the right size for your ears for best performance!

Nonetheless, the feather-light buds weighing at only 5g each makes it easy for me put these on for long period of time without feeling any discomfort! I can only envy others who managed to find the perfect fit.

4. Sound/Mic Quality
I'm not exactly an audiophile, the sound quality of the buds was considered really good for me. Sound details were clear, and with some tweaks on the equalizer, I was able to find a profile that suits my preference really well!

When calling in normal office environment, I was informed that my voice was extremely clear when talking through the mics within the buds. This was something l've always had trouble with in my previous experience with other buds. Therefore, that's a plus for me!

Unfortunately, l did not get to try calling others in a busy, loud environment, let's save that for the long term review.

5. ANC
If there was anything that could be improved, that would be the ANC within these buds.
Just to clarify, it is NOT poor, far from it, when turned on and with music playing, my younger sister had on many occasions been extremely frustrated that l was not aware of her talking to me. But in certain situations with "mechanical" (fan noise) and "high-pitched" sounds that l realize these noise were not fltered out as effectively!

There are 2 good explanations for this experience:
- Lack of good fit as mentioned earlier.
- Samsung's preference for long-term comfort. With more aggressive ANC earbuds you can often feel a "pent-up" pressure within your ears which some may find uncomfortable. The Buds 2 Pro does not induce such pressure at all.

6. Battery
Very impressive! I do not time it exactly but with my use, I was able to stretch around 3 days before requiring to charge the case again! Will observe more of the trend for the long-term review.

7. Connectivity
Existing Samsung device holders, rejoice! The Buds 2 Pro is excellent when pairing with
Samsung devices. Quick and stable, it takes less than 5 minutes for you to setup your brand new buds on your Samsung phone.

Pairing with a new device!

As I connect my buds to my laptop and phone, it was not able to switch between both devices automatically due to the different OS, but when you choose to connect, it does the job very quickly so it wasn't much of an issue for me.

Conclusion
The Galaxy Buds2 Pro stands proud alongside its competition! If you are a holder of the Samsung for Education account, you could get a pair of these for as low as RM683.24, that's really good value! Normal retail price is RM899, and comes with a free waterproof case if you order it now!

So who should get this pair of buds?

- People who prioritize comfort and portability. 
- People who prefers comfortable ahead of aggressive ANC
- Existing Samsung Galaxy device holders, the ecosystem is impressive!

0 Comments