Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 totally inaccurate on health data

(Topic created on: 12-13-2023 08:12 AM)
Koncho
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
I had heart palpitation issue n one day when my heart rate suddenly spike to over 170 the watch showed 80 n then 90 to 96 even i did a manual measure after the continous measure heart rate function didnt pick it up! I had to use my omron machine which accurately showed 178 beats while Watch 6 on my wrist even after few round of measuring showed 96 or 97 at the same time. Only 20mins later after i was in the car rushing to a&e hospital, the watch then showed 174 beats for very short while n the dropped. Its all captured on my watch app and i can prove it. In a&e , my heart beat was still over 170 from a&e machines but this watch 6 still showed below 100. I showed to healthcare professional too.

Even the free HPB watch from health promotion board do better than the expensive Watch 6! So those who rely on Galaxy Watch beware n check with other devices for your iwn health safety. 
Critical health data dont seem to be accurate. So please be aware. There are serious issue with Watch 6. I own watch 6 for less than 1 mth and its in perfect condition externally. Internally i think Samung watch 6 has manufacturing issues, making not accurate for people who buy it for monitoring health data. Be Aware. 
In case Samsung claimed i didnt wear tge watch properly or snugly tats not true. It sat securely on my wrist. I even tried to adjust it a few times but the critical health data in heart beat was still grossly erronous! So watch 6 to me now is just an expensive watch to tell time n other non critical information. It totally failed for health data which i bought the watch for. 
5 Comments
Koncho
Active Level 1
Wearables
To add, in case Samsung claimed i didnt wear the watch snugly, tats not true. Its properly sat on my wrist n to be sure i adjusted the position a few times but it still dont capture high heart accurately. In fact misleadingly.
0 Likes
Wearables
That's why I move back to iPhone & Apple Watch after using 2 generation of Galaxy watch 4 n watch 5 Pro

Overall no matter on the hardware or software side... Apple still does it better then anyone else on the mobile phone market now

Hold on my A54 just for gaming n standby now just in case I need to charge my iPhone 15 Pro Max... M using the latest Apple Watch S9 for my health measurement
Wayne159
Active Level 1
Wearables
Perhaps try garmin also? 😊
0 Likes
Wearables
Nah... They r OK but I want something straight from the phone brand I m using to have a more seamless experience... More of a smartwatch person then hard-core sport person... Thanks anyway...
0 Likes
jamesbob
Active Level 7
Wearables
great info. thanks for sharing
0 Likes