Original topic:

Unable to activate card on Watch 6 Samsung Wallet

(Topic created on: 08-20-2023 04:40 PM)
Ggie
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Just bought the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic but I'm having trouble trying to activate my card on Samsung Wallet for my Watch. I've tried clearing the device token from the bank and I've also tried unpairing and resetting the Watch and it is still not working. I kept getting the error message "Couldn't register card. The card information is invalid. Try again."

The card works fine on the phone but I just couldn't activate it for my Watch.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
15 Comments
EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Wearables
The number of devices that you can register per card varies for each issuer. Please contact your card issuer for details on the number of devices that you are allowed to register per card.
0 Likes
Ggie
Active Level 1
Wearables
Already did but still not working.
0 Likes
EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Each bank has a certain number of tokens allowed on each card. Each time you add your card to a wallet on a unique device (phone, watch) you use one token. When you Factory reset, clear data, etc. but you do not delete the card from wallet, the token is not deleted and it's taking one of the existing slots. When you run out of tokens, you get an error / your attempt to register the card is denied by bank/etc. So when you contact your card issuer, check how many tokens your card has already used, and ask them to remove invalid tokens from their system.
0 Likes
Ggie
Active Level 1
Wearables
I've always removed my card from samsung pay/wallet and calls up to the bank to reset my tokens whenever I change a device... so as usual, I did the same routine this time...
0 Likes
EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Wearables
🤔So weird. If you have confirmed that it is not a bank issue, maybe you can try text chat with a Samsung professional consultant to solve your query. Open Samsung Members app > Support > Quick help > Select Text chat.

You can also choose to Send feedback by selecting Ask questions or Check feedback you’ve sent at the Support page.
0 Likes
Ggie
Active Level 1
Wearables
Ok, will be giving this a try then... thank you so much...
0 Likes
EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Welcome 🙂
0 Likes
Wearables
Yea, it gets confusing when there's no proper FAQ on this. Always remove your card first before doing factory reset. If only banks make it easy for users to do it. Ask the bank how many devices are allowed per card & ask to check to remove existing tokens used except the one u are using on your phone now if they can see it correctly. Otherwise, you have to redo the whole thing again on all your devices.
0 Likes
johnLabu
Active Level 3
Wearables
Maybank can be used on phone and watch.
Other banks nope, only 1 token either phone or watch.

I've tried b4 standchart n citibank, 1 token only.
0 Likes