(게시글 작성 시간: 05-26-2020 12:31 AM)
357 보기
Artoriel
Active Level 10
옵션
갤럭시 A/J/노트

Greetings,

My name is Andy and I'm from Indonesia.

So.. I've been wondering, every time Samsung releases a new firmware update for each countries, is it the central Samsung in Korea that decides the release date for each countries, or is it the countries themselves? Because I've been observing Samsung's firmware update pattern on SamMobile over the past 2 years, and I'm actually disappointed that Indonesia is always (well.. mostly) one of the latest countries to get the updates, either major updates, or minor security updates.

I'm currently using Galaxy Note 9 myself and ever since I bought it in 2018, I always check for updates manually every day whenever I see a new firmware for my device has been released in SamMobile, hoping that my country will soon get the update as well, following the first country that appears in SamMobile. I even get my hopes up every time I see the firmware has been released in some other South East Asia countries. However, most of the times I have to wait for days, or even weeks after the release in other SEA countries before my country gets the update itself.

So, if it is the central Samsung that decides the firmware release date for each countries, I would like to suggest a "rotation" system, where the first group of countries that get the update in this month, will be the last to get it the next month, and it will go on until that group of countries becomes the first again. That way all countries will have the chance to be one of the first countries to get Samsung's newest firmware updates, especially for flagship devices. I really hope it's possible to implement it, or any other ways that you think will fit. Because people in every countries who bought Samsung devices deserve the same level of services and supports, including firmware updates, especially since those updates are security related. Every months, we Indonesian people have to keep using the outdated firmware in our devices for weeks after the new one got released in our neighbor countries. And a few days after we finally get the update, usually a newer one has been released in European countries like Germany.

Thank you for reading my concern and I'm sorry if I might have insulted anyone who read this. Hope you all have a great day!

0 좋아요

1 채택된 답변

채택된 답변
채택된 답변
십오지는105G
Expert Level 1
갤럭시 A/J/노트
Neither of them chooses. Mobile carriers check the firmware before its release so there would be difference in the release date. It's sad that the release dates were late in Indonesia.. but there is no reason to defer release date for specific countries for Samsung.
(In fact, they may want to release firmwares at the same time in all countries(like Apple).

This situation is not different in U.S. or Chinese market(which are the biggest) even in Korea.

원본 게시물의 답변 보기

3 댓글
채택된 답변
십오지는105G
Expert Level 1
갤럭시 A/J/노트
Neither of them chooses. Mobile carriers check the firmware before its release so there would be difference in the release date. It's sad that the release dates were late in Indonesia.. but there is no reason to defer release date for specific countries for Samsung.
(In fact, they may want to release firmwares at the same time in all countries(like Apple).

This situation is not different in U.S. or Chinese market(which are the biggest) even in Korea.
Artoriel
Active Level 10
갤럭시 A/J/노트

I see.. So it depends on the mobile carriers after all..

Thanks a lot for the information 😁

십오지는105G
Expert Level 1
갤럭시 A/J/노트
Of course, it's not ALWAYS only carrier's fault. In some cases, would be delayed to implement regional functions..

🙂🙂
0 좋아요