Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

[ A70 ] Phone screen noticeably more unresponsive unless charging

(Topic created on: 12-19-2021 01:31 AM)
Maaxx
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hey so basicly my phone is noticeable more unresponsive unless it's charging this problem has been going for atleast a year now but I didn't really care before since I didn't use my phone that much but now it's a bit worse 

I tried looking for a problem online but searching it up will just bring another problem up instead " phone screen not working during charging " which is the exact opposite 

I'm not getting this fixed soon, but if someone gives me a good solution that'd be much appreciated 

More info on the problem:

- no phone drops 
- no water damage 
- no screen cracks ( I had one a month ago but that doesn't matter )
- somehow my inscreen fingerprint works perfectly fine
-no screen protector ( I had one before I thought tht was causing the problem )
 - ( continuing on screen protector thing )
 It was really bad then and I also had the setting where the screen is more responsive I removed it and it was decent but now it's gotten back to where it was when it had a screen protector 

My friend found some not so sure solutions 
The best being... factory resetting while I don't know how that would fix it I'd rather get the screen replaced anyways rather resetting

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
If you're going to replace the screen at an authorized service center, you need to also factory reset your phone for security purposes, so that the tech that will fix your phone will not have access and view your personal files and accounts.

So its best to do all the possible DIY fix (like factory reset, wiping cache partition, etc) before going to a service center, you can save money too.

View solution in context

8 Comments
Galaxy A
My friend is also having this kind of problem with his A70 that runs on Android 11. It wasnt supposed to run on os 11 R, he just accidentally went on updating. May I ask the current version of your o.s?
Imo, A70 and A50 has a slight discrepancy when upgrading on a higher version of its operating system.
Galaxy A
A70 and A50 are indeed compatible of Android 11 R but it wont match the prerequired module and hardware of both phone since they made just for Android 9 Pie only. Indeed that you CAN upgrade it up to 11 R but dont expect it to run the way like it was on android 9.
Maaxx
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have android 11

My friend has an a50 so I'll ask him if he has problems with an11
Galaxy A
Try to revert back to android 9 or 10. I think it would be enough for your device.
Maaxx
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I'm not sure how to do that and I really like an11, I just asked my friend with an a50/an11 and it's completely fine his phone was also bought way before so I'll probably just get my screen repaired or factory reset it
Solution
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
If you're going to replace the screen at an authorized service center, you need to also factory reset your phone for security purposes, so that the tech that will fix your phone will not have access and view your personal files and accounts.

So its best to do all the possible DIY fix (like factory reset, wiping cache partition, etc) before going to a service center, you can save money too.
Galaxy A
True.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello there, Maaxx! 😊 Have you tried to do a SOFT RESET  with your device?

A Soft Reset DOES NOT delete anything from your mobile phone and causes no loss of information from the device.

How to soft reset your device
  1. To reboot your device, press and hold the power button and the volume down button on the side of your device until the screen turns off.
  2. Your device will automatically reboot.
  3. If you are asked to enter your PIN, enter your PIN code and tap OK.
  4. Swipe up to unlock your device. 

0 Likes