Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Adaptive screen refreshrate

(Topic created on: 01-11-2022 05:00 AM)
drew150931
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Dear samsung developer. If its possible to enable adaptive refresh rate in samsung galaxy a52s 5g? To save battery no need always to set 120hz screen refresh rate.
0 Likes
8 Comments
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
I think no, cause from what I know, adaptive refresh rate feature use a different kind of Amoled screen compare to Galaxy A's Amoled screen
Galaxy A
The Adaptive Refresh rate of the S21 and S21+ is a software-based Adaptive Refresh Rate, so it is possible to have this on other smartphones. The S21 and S21+ share the same LTPS panel as the S20 series, but Samsung didn't update the latter to have the feature. The S21 Ultra and the Note 20 Ultra, meanwhile has the LTPO panel which uses the different kind of tech that you've mentioned.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Same here not applicable to s20u
0 Likes
drew150931
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Sad to say that samsung are not able to enable adaptive screen refresh rate.. I only use 60hz to save more battery of my a52s 5g
0 Likes
Galaxy A
that feature is via hardware level, it what is is on our unit.
0 Likes
drew150931
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I dont know about the hardware that adaptive refresh rate used. I thought it can enable trough software update.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
Actually the S21 and S21+s Adaptive Refresh Rate is Software based, only the S21 Ultra (and the Note 20 Ultra) has an LTPO panel. The panels of the S21 and S21+ is the same LTPS panel used by the S20 series, so Adaptive Refresh rate is possible for the S20 series too, or even other phones as long as Samsung ports this features to other as well.
Galaxy A
I tried mod to enable adaptive display on my s20u but it will kill the life of the battery
0 Likes