Original topic:

Attempting to flash Galaxy A50

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 07:39 AM)
randall1996
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Good day.

Few weeks ago I posted here on our forum that my Galaxy A50 became stuck on bootloop during the installation of the huge 1.8 GB One UI 3.1 firmware update. 

Unfortunately, SAMSUNG Service Center Megamall won't fix my phone's software unless I agree to have them repair the camera, the cracked screen, and replace the PBA. They gave me a quotation worth some 17k (nearly the original price of this phone!) This is because I told them honestly that my phone became wet last September while it was inside my raincoat pocket during a rainy morning bicycle ride to work. After a month of being immersed in rice, my phone miraculously worked again smoothly—except that the camera has become broken. (I think perhaps that the software is not functioning properly because components inside the phone corroded because of being wet.) 

After trying so many times to get my phone to recovery/safe/download mode, luckily tonight I have successfully entered the Download Mode (see the picture of the phone). I hope my attempt to flash my phone using Odin would succeed.

5 Comments
KuyaJim
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Kumusta? How did you do it? And what happened after the download?
randall1996
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hello. Unfortunately, failed. Successful ang installation pero after the installation, stuck on bootloop pa rin. Susubukan ko iinstall ang earliest firmware available (May 2019). I'm really disappointed with Samsung. Highway robbery ang worth 17k na repair for a software problem. The fact na sa Huawei super cheap ng repair. However, umorder ako last March 23 ng Galaxy A52 5G (Samsung fanboy kasi ako) at excited na ako na maideliver sakin.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
para lang sa Software, ang mahal naman. di naman gaanong full pack of Flagship features ung One UI sa A50
KuyaJim
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Pinaayos ko na yung Samsung A50 ko, na bricked after factory reset.
Mabuti ma lang at nagkaroon ng Samsung Care Day kaya free pickup and delivery, plus free labor at Php 500 discount sa parts.
Ito ang breakdown at price...

Good afternoon. this is Chronicles Samsung Services Center we would like to inform that your unit is already check by our technician, initial findings need to replace LCD,BATTERY , CON TO CON, SUB-PBA for your initial qoutation please see attach below

LCD 4,280
BATTERY free of charge
Con to con 290
SUB-PBA 1,230
LESS 500
Free labor
Total 5,300

Kindly leave a message to notify us for your final confirmation if proceed the repair or not. Just in case you will call then we can't answer it posible we are engage to other customer just leave a message we will read after thank you

One week pa daw, as of this posting. Let's see what happens.
*Press the heart button 💓 so I'd know if people are interested to know the outcome.
If dedma kayo, dedma na rin ako. 😁
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Hey, Randall! Sorry to hear your service center experience. So far how's your Galaxy experience on your latest device? :) Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via toll-free hotline #GALAXY (425299). Thank you for unwavering support for Samsung. Stay safe! :)