Hey there, mrteng! Each repair varies from case to case and we always make sure to give you the best service! We cannot say for sure, so best to take a trip to a nearby service center. Don't worry, we made it easy for you to book your appointment! You may do so directly through your Samsung Members app, right under the Support tab, or you may dial #GALAXY 😊
Hi again, mrteng! Hmm, this could be caused by a bug. Have you tried wiping your cache partition? Doing so clears out temporary files from your phone's operating system. It also cleans up any extra files from apps you have already uninstalled. This can help resolve some issues as it clears out potential bugs. It's completely safe, and here's how you can do it:
- Turn off device
- Connect your device to a computer
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons
- Once the Android recovery screen shows up, release all buttons
- Use the Volume Down button to hover over "Wipe cache partition"
- Press the Power button to select "Wipe cache partition"
- Use the Volume Down button to hover over "Yes"
- Again, use the Power button to select and confirm your choice
- Wait for the system to wipe the cache
- Reboot your device like normal
Hope this helps and let us know how it goes! 😊