Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

My phone getting hot while Video call

(Topic created on: 05-11-2023 10:12 PM)
hadichay92
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Hi guys. Do you guys have the same problem as me? When I do a video call my phone gets very hot. How to handle it? Btw my phone is A73 5g

Thanks for anyone who can solve this problem

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
During a video call, the camera, screen, speaker and video data transmission work simultaneously. A video call generates significantly more heat than a single task like playing a video or listening to music. This is normal.

To prevent your phone from heating up or overheating during video calls, close background apps that you are not using during video calls. Avoid prolonged video calls. Reduce screen brightness. Make video calls or have good signal reception in an environment with a stable Wi-Fi connection. Poor signal reception can also cause your phone to heat up.

View solution in context

Solution
EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

All compact smartphones will be heating up during video calls regardless of brand or model. It's only abnormal when you browse the internet or listen to Youtube (with no other apps running in the background) and your phone gets hot.

View solution in context

10 Comments
Solution
EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
During a video call, the camera, screen, speaker and video data transmission work simultaneously. A video call generates significantly more heat than a single task like playing a video or listening to music. This is normal.

To prevent your phone from heating up or overheating during video calls, close background apps that you are not using during video calls. Avoid prolonged video calls. Reduce screen brightness. Make video calls or have good signal reception in an environment with a stable Wi-Fi connection. Poor signal reception can also cause your phone to heat up.
hadichay92
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Thank you for your explanation. But i think Samsung need to fix this issue immediately
0 Likes
Solution
EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

All compact smartphones will be heating up during video calls regardless of brand or model. It's only abnormal when you browse the internet or listen to Youtube (with no other apps running in the background) and your phone gets hot.

EdwinTan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
If you satisfied with my reply, kindly click on three dots on the upper right corner of my comment, then click on "Accepted Solution", this will help others who might be encountering similar issues.
HASSAN00
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Same problem video call my phone very hot 🔥 49c Samsung s21 ultra
hadichay92
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I thought it was only on Samsung A series
0 Likes
Galaxy A
all phones will get hot during video calling. it won't explode don't worry
ramzan786