Did you mean: 

Original topic:

[Q] Galaxy A72 4G security patch/updates

(Topic created on: 12-15-2021 11:13 AM)
Gaelio
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy A
Is the security patches/updates monthly or bi-monthly?

My A72 is still on the October 1 security patch
6 Comments
Toraa
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Based from previous announcements by Samsung, Galaxy A72 is under the Quarterly update rollout. Maybe they categorize devices' updates based on how well it sold. Galaxy A50 gets early monthly security patch as it is the one of their best sellers back in 2019. However, on flagships, does receive monthly security patch if sold worldwide. Galaxy Note10 lite and S10 lite also gets quarterly updates because it was sold in few parts of the world.
Gaelio
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I see. Because I still use my A50 and I just got the December security update.
Toraa
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
I know, right?! For me, that is so unfair since A72 is waaay higher the price of A50. I use A52, which was also released this year and it is us who should be getting it faster than those phones. If they would release it earlier than recently released phones, they should've provided a major concern why they did so. But apart from that, the software support of Samsung is honestly one of the best in Android. I hope they commit more in faster software releases without too much bugs.
Gaelio
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Hope so, but right after receiving the december sec patch for the a50. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed android 12 aosp. This A72 is my daily driver now and the a50 is a back up
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Galaxy A72 will receive quarterly updates, you may check here for more info

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hello there, zxdman29! We're glad that you guys are having your connection. 😋 

0 Likes