Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RAM Plus

(Topic created on: 05-20-2022 10:24 PM)
machere
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Anyone know the exact purpose of this thing? Also why is the default 4GB RAM? If I make it 8GB what will happen? Also does it drain the battery more 

0 Likes
11 Comments
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
Just use 4GB or 2GB if you are a casual user like scrolling on social medias, take pictures, etc. (I recommend to set it at 2GB)
6GB or higher is for power users who have many apps running at the same time.

RAM Plus doesn't improve or will affect game performance.
0 Likes
Althea
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Ram plus helps to maintain better multitasking on your phone
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You can use 2GB to save space, or 4GB, which is the default. Using 6GB or higher will not drain battery, but it will improve app performance and multitasking.
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I have 12GB RAM but still set virtual RAM to 8GB cuz why not ahaha
it's just a backup memory if apps you run would need it.
nherzkie
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
You nailed it bro👏
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
just to clarify,
RAM plus will convert some of your ROM or on board storage (for keeping files like audio, video etc) to standby RAM - the memory that's needed to keep apps running.

it's okay to set RAM plus at high GB if you think you have enough storage for your files. I have 12GB RAM and 256GB ROM. So far, I have used around 60% of my ROM but I think I'm still okay with converting the 8GB of storage to RAM.
I don't clear recent apps often and I multitask so I think an additional 8GB RAM to existing 12GB is great.

If you think you need more storage, you can lower the RAM plus. But I don't know if you can choose not to have RAM plus.
nherzkie
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
I set it at max. I can see the difference with heavy mutitasking and I am happy with it.😄
garrifff
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
lods, will it not have adverse effects in terms sa battery? planning to amp it up to 6 or 8 since malaki pa nman storage ko plus i'm using SD card din
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Galaxy A
I'm not an expert.

I don't think enabling RAM plus per se will drain the battery - if that's what you meant - it still depends on how you use your device.

I set RAM plus to max GB and I think my device standby time is just the same as it was before OneUI 4 - a battery drain of around 15% for approx 2 hrs.

I recently enabled adaptive battery saving and so far, the battery drain is around 15% for approx 3 hrs+.

adaptive battery has always been on.
mobile data, location, sync are on 24/7.
i rarely clear recent apps.
120Hz (adaptive).

if you were asking if the battery would last longer like 7 years or more, I don't think I can tell for now.

I'm planning to use my phone for 5 or 7 years more.
My previous phone lasted me 5 years but I was careless with it.

in pics..
I think RAM plus is really just for standby memory to make room for apps running simultaneously.

and one pic shows how I set up the power saving mode. it will turn on by itself depending on my usage pattern.Screenshot_20220522-185343_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20220523-124416_Device care.jpg