Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A70 vs VIVO V15 Pro specs comparison

(Topic created on: 07-23-2020 08:25 PM)
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy A

Samsung Galaxy A70 vs VIVO V15 Pro specs comparison

The Samsung Galaxy A70 has finally been given an official SRP in the Philippines and it prompted us in creating today’s specs comparison article. Given the smartphone prices today, we wanted it to put side-by-side with the VIVO V15 Pro, another premium mid-range device in the market. Let’s start!

Here are their detailed specs:

Samsung Galaxy A70Vivo V15 Pro
Display6.7-inch FHD+ (2400 x 1080) Super AMOLED Infinity-U Display6.39-inch FHD+ (2316 x 1080) 19.5:9 Super AMOLED Ultra FullView display, 404ppi
ProcessorQualcomm Snapdragon 675 2.0GHz octa-core CPUQualcomm Snapdragon 675 2.0GHz octa-core CPU
GPUAdreno 612 GPUAdreno 612 GPU
RAM6GB8GB RAM
Storage128GB128GB storage
expandable storagemicroSD up to 512GB (dedicated slot)microSD up to 256GB (dedicated slot)
Rear camera32MP F1.7 + 8MP F2.2 ultra wide angle + 5MP F2.2 depth rear cameras48MP F1.8 (main) + 8MP F2.2 (ultrawide) + 5MP F2.4 (depth) rear cameras
Front camera32MP F2.0 selfie camera32MP F2.0 elevating front camera
SIMDual-SIMDual-SIM
Mobile Data4G LTE4G LTE
Wi-FiWiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/acWiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
BluetoothBluetooth 5.0Bluetooth 5.0
GPSGPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDSGPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
Audio featureDolby Atmosn/a
USB portUSB Type-CMicro USB 2.0
Biometrics- On-Screen Fingerprint Scanner
- Face Unlock
- Fingerprint scanner (In-display)
- Face Unlock
OSAndroid 9.0 PieFuntouch 9 (Android 9 Pie)
Battery4,500mAh battery w/ 25W Super Fast Charging3,700mAh battery w/ Dual-Engine fast charge
Dimensions164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm157.3 x 74.7 x 8.2 mm

Here are the advantages of each smartphone:

Samsung Galaxy A70

• Larger screen size
  • Wider rear camera aperture
  • Dolby Atmos
  • USB Type-C
  • Larger battery capacity

VIVO V15 Pro

• Larger RAM capacity
  • Higher main rear camera resolution
  • Pop-up selfie camera (removes notch design)

The difference between the displays of both smartphones is not that significant but, it’s enough to make you feel that the Galaxy A70 is much taller than the V15 Pro to hold given its large screen size. Both are good devices for people who are into watching videos, however, some would think that the former might be too much on their hand.

For performance, both phones have a Snapdragon 675 chipset which provides fast performance and above average gaming experience. The V15 Pro got the upper-hand in this aspect though, thanks to its larger RAM capacity which is way more than enough even for multi-tasking in smartphones.

In terms of cameras, both the Galaxy A70 and V15 Pro sport the same triple rear camera set up and a single front shooter. Their main difference, however, is that the latter carries a higher main rear camera resolution while the former has a wider aperture which should provide better low-light shots. One neat feature of the V15 Pro is its pop-up selfie camera which removes the notch design that is still found in the Galaxy A70. Check our sample shots here: Samsung Galaxy A70 and VIVO V15 Pro.

Battery performance is always an essential factor in deciding which smartphone is better to get. The V15 Pro only has 3,700mAh while the Galaxy A70 has 4,500mAh which is a big difference in capacity. I do understand, however, the latter has a larger display that affects its power consumption but, I expect that it will last longer than the former. We’ll know more once we actually put them to various battery benchmark tests.

Overall, if you want a device that has a larger display, USB Type-C port, a Dolby Atmos audio feature, and larger battery capacity, go for the Galaxy A70. If you want, however, to have that juicy 8GB of RAM with a higher rear camera resolution and a pop-up selfie camera feature, pick the V15 Pro.

Here are the prices of each smartphone:

• Samsung Galaxy A70 – PHP 22,990
  • VIVO V15 Pro – PHP 23,999

What do you guys think? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.

Credit to the source. 😊
7 Comments
jmdatoon
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
why A70? go for A71 instead
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yeah I should've waited the Samsung Galaxy A71 and refused to buy the Samsung Galaxy A70 but I bought Samsung Galaxy A70 last year in December. 😪
0 Likes
itsmeian
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
The A70 is capable of recording videos in 60 fps, the A71 doesn't... I wonder why... 🤔🤔🤔 Hope their future premium midrange devices will be improved further.
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
That's what I'm hoping too. 😇
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy A
Still, Samsung. :)
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Yeah I still choose Samsung over other smartphone brands.
0 Likes
crisam
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
i love samsung phone
0 Likes