Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Suddenly can't play videos or music

(Topic created on: 05-19-2023 05:50 AM)
NessRil
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
So my phone was doing fine before I updated it into Android 13, the problem is my phone suddenly doesn't make any music, but there is still sounds like the tapping sound or notifications. but when I play a video or song, it doesn't play music, I can't even watch any video from any app at all. It says that speaker cannot be used because my device is connected to other devices, but my phone is not connected to any. i even turned off my Bluetooth. 

Whenever I run diagnostic test on my phone, It always says that I have another app opened, but as you can see....

I don't have any app that is currently running on the background. I still need to restart my phone so I can watch videos and play music again, but sometimes, restarting doesn't have much of a help either!

15 Comments
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
What phone are you using? Try going into Safe mode.
0 Likes
NessRil
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
im using Samsung A23
0 Likes
NessRil
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
how do i use safe mode?
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
To go into Safe mode with the device powered on:
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. Tap and hold Power off.
3. Tap Safe mode.

To go into Safe mode with the device powered off:
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. When "Samsung Galaxy powered by Android" shows, release the power button.
3. When the Samsung or Samsung Galaxy logo appears, press and hold the volume down button. Keep holding the volume down button until the lock screen appears.
4. If you did it correctly, "Safe mode" will appear on the bottom left of your screen.
0 Likes
NessRil
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
how can safe mode will help me? do i have to keep my safe mode for a long time? or just a couple of minutes?
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Safe mode identifies any apps that are causing the problem. If the issue is fixed in Safe mode, some third-party apps you downloaded are causing the issue. You'll have to uninstall any third-party apps that are causing it. If the issue is not fixed in Safe mode, try wiping the cache partition. You don't have to keep your phone in Safe mode for a long time. Is the issue fixed in Safe mode?
0 Likes
NessRil
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
i used safe mode yesterday but I still get the issues now :(
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Try wipe cache partition.
0 Likes
NessRil
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
is rebooting my phone same as factory reset? cause im afraid to continue this one cause I have really important thinhs on my phone and I didn't back them up yet, I also don't want to back them up anymore cause one time when i backed them up all of them got lost
0 Likes