Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Update problems

(Topic created on: 07-05-2022 06:05 AM)
A0-Tri
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
So after updating my Software, I experienced overheating each time I use my Samsung A03 phone, the bottom part to be exact. Even on idle, or even without any apps running in the background, my phone still experience extensive overheating. It only cools down when I turn it off. Am I the only samsung user or samsung A03 user that experience this? I'm afraid of what damage this can do to my phone internally......
12 Comments
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Thanks for asking your question here, A0-Tri! Bittersweet1803 is right. You might experience overheating after doing a software update because your new and updated OS will have to consume more CPU and memory to work on the new and updated features that came along with the software update. This will lead ultimately lead to overheating.

To prevent overheating your device, you need to optimize your apps, put some background apps to sleep, and uninstall or disable unused apps. You can check the article here for step-by-step instructions on how to optimize your apps: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/galaxy-battery/optimization/

0 Likes
A0-Tri
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I've done all of it. Even came to samsung support. They too checked the background usage of my phone and saw that nothing can possibly be the cause of this, except for this software update. As I mentioned, there were no apps running in the background, optimization here and there, and still, nothing works. Even on idle, with no apps running, the phone stil overheats on the bottom part. I am confused because there are no incidents wherein the lower part of my Samsung A03 heats up when I haven't updated it yet, but now, it heats up. I don't use my phone heavily, no background apps running. The software updates says that it was just a security update, but then why did it affect even the performance of my phone when it comes to overheating? Again, there weren't any possible reason for it to overheat except the software update. And it would make much more sense if the back part overheats because that is expected to all phones, but why did mine overheat on the lower part? I haven't encounter anything like this before.
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, A0-Tri!

Thanks for this extensive reply. Have you tried checking to a Samsung Service Center as well? Since the lower back of your phone overheats (even with the battery and apps optimized), you might be experiencing a hardware issue. You can find the nearest Samsung Service Center in your area here: https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/?msclkid=72d47e20cf8411ec8ac1394658c823b0

0 Likes