Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WhatsApp Error After One UI 6 Update

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 09:28 PM)
noorsyafiqm
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Has anyone encountered this issue? This does not happened to me, but happened to my dad's A53 and my friend's S23U. After the OneUI 6 Update, their WhatsApp app couldn't perform a local/Google Drive auto backup. Even when performing backups manually, they will have a message pop-up saying "Unable to backup messages". Samsung, please fix this issue in the future software updates.
14 Comments
JonathanB1
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

MINE IS FIXED USING THIS METHOD:
(Please note that the method here resets ALL permissions, so you will expect apps as you use them to ask for permissions like they did first time using them.  Small price to pay to get backups working)
Firstly, Same issue for me as others here after updating to ONeUI6 last night overnight.  I got it fixed though after pulling my hair out a bit.  This has happened before after an update so I used this same process, albeit it's a little different menu structure with newer OneUI interface.

No updates for WhatsApp available either so I went in and did a reset of all app permissions on the phone.

Settings>About>Reset (link at bottom)>Reset all settings>
Gives warning about resetting all settings including security, language, accounts, personal data, settings for downloaded apps.
Click the reset settings button.

After this is complete you'll need to manually assign permissions in permissions manager:

Contacts
Microphone
Music and Audio
Notifications
Photos and Videos
These 5 are the basics needed for WhatsApp to fully access the files it needs to operate and backup.

Set them to allow all the time or allow only while using the app, depending on the option that's available in each one.

After this my googledrive backup completed successfully. Literally just finished it now so worth a try at this folks.

0 Likes
mariushallangos
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi all! I have resolve this by manually removing then adding the permission for the WhatsApp (Business) app. You can do this by : long press the Whatsapp icon/Info/permissions and remove each permission. Then give back the permissions. Hope this will be helpful.  

Members_VcY8d72
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Having same issue with two S22 after the update. Samsung helpdesk said seek help from 3rd party Apps developer (WhatsApp) but it seems not the Apps problem.

0 Likes
Members_VcY8d72
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Thanks all guys for the clues. It works  for S22 after first disallowed and then allowed all WhatsApp permissions.

0 Likes
NickDEmmett
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have the same issue and my phone is going in for repair on 29/02 so I'm desperate to backup before then!

Samsung please fix ASAP!!

0 Likes