Did you mean: 

Original topic:

WhatsApp Error After One UI 6 Update

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 09:28 PM)
noorsyafiqm
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
Has anyone encountered this issue? This does not happened to me, but happened to my dad's A53 and my friend's S23U. After the OneUI 6 Update, their WhatsApp app couldn't perform a local/Google Drive auto backup. Even when performing backups manually, they will have a message pop-up saying "Unable to backup messages". Samsung, please fix this issue in the future software updates.
14 Comments
bersjx
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Probably can try to uninstall and reinstall app again.
And yes, such cases do happen.
0 Likes
JoelynnChen
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I'm on a S21 and it's doing the same. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It did not resolve the issue.
0 Likes
Fold5User
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Yes I am also having this issue. Clearly there is an issue with the Samsung One UI update that has broken Whatsapps ability to back up. I have checked permissions and Whatsapp has everything that it needs. Samsung please fix!!

Members_nYmuHDV
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

The exact same thing here. I am using a S23U and cannot backup since December 10th 2023.  So sad and worried.

SAMSUNG...please fix it!!

spectre9700
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Yeah same here. Using Z Fold4, and unable to backup since the day I've updated to One UI 6. Showing error "Unable to backup messages". I don't wanna reinstall the app, coz I'm worried it'll screw up that too. Tried clearing cache, checked all my permissions, but this thing just won't backup even to a different Google account.

My suggestion is, until Samsung fixes this issue, don't uninstall your WhatsApp app, coz it backs up locally too. The backup stays on your phone unless you delete WhatsApp or reformat your phone. If you want to transfer WhatsApp data to another device, instead of using Google Drive as an option to restore, use the Chat Transfer feature,for Android to Android transfer. For Android to iPhone check this article instead. I haven't tried this, but it should work. Once transferred, I assume you'll be able to backup to Google Drive as usual.

noorsyafiqm
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Before One UI 6, none of these issues were found. My thought is that 1.) WhatsApp hasn't been optimised for Android 14, or 2.) It is optimised for Android 14, but something in the new update is broken.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy A
Yeah don't ever uninstall.. Once WhatsApp messages not backed up and gone, will never be able to recover, as Google Drive is the only source.
Megaben25
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

My WhatsApp has been very slow responding after the upgrade and the phone keeps saying present WhatsApp has not been optimised to one UI Version 6.0

0 Likes
Megaben25
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

My phone is Samsung A34

0 Likes