Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Should I?

(Topic created on: 04-05-2024 08:08 AM)
bagol1209
Options
Galaxy Fold

Lately, I've been thinking about switching to a foldable phone, specifically the Galaxy Z Fold. With rumors of the Galaxy Z Fold 6 just around the corner, I'm still hesitant about making the switch. Fortunately, thanks to Samsung generosity, they provided me with a Galaxy Z Fold 5. I had seen and held this device during the #SamsungFlipCafePH last year, but I didn't get a chance to fully explore its capabilities. So, if you're like me and considering upgrading to a foldable phone, here are some insights for you.

First, you need to be mentally prepared. You must accept that these phones require different handling. If you're someone who frequently drops their phone, unconsciously leaves it in your bag, or sleeps on it, applying pressure without realizing it, then I wouldn't recommend this phone for you, even with Samsung Care Plus.

Second, contrary to your hesitation, this phone looks and feels sturdy. The crease in the middle is unnoticeable unless you're looking at it from an angle.

Two days in, and here's what I like so far: the narrow form factor when folded is very convenient for one-handed use. The main screen, on the other hand, is elegantly crisp. The cameras are stunning, too. Multi-windows are great for productivity. I also like how different apps behave when using the main screen (see screenshots.)

So far, there are two things I'm adjusting to from using an S23 Ultra: the keyboard. It's too tiny for my fingers when folded, and I have to use two hands when unfolded. Lastly, videos from Netflix and YouTube are not optimized for the main screen. They only use about ⅔ of the main screen. While you can force videos to fill up the screen and retain the resolution, they would be too cropped.

Nevertheless, I'm liking the experience of using this Galaxy Z Fold 5. I have yet to decide whether or not to make the switch should the Z Fold 6 come out.

Three apps are open at once.

Two apps side by side.

Facebook 

TikTok

YouTube in landscape mode.

1 Comment
PUFFY_AmiYumi
Active Level 9
Galaxy Fold
If the Z Fold 6 is Exynos, better keep it.
0 Likes