Original topic:

Galaxy note 8 replacement battery bloated in 6 month

(Topic created on: 01-23-2023 07:56 PM)
TyroneLau
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
I have always been happy with my Galaxy note 8. It's quality is good and I have been using it since it is out and there is nothing wrong with an 5 years old phone. 

Recently I decided to upgrade to S22 Ultra and gave my note 8 to my wife. I decided to change the battery as the charge holding is not as good as a new phone. After paying RM200+ for the battery and labour charges, everything seem fine until 5 months later. There is gap showing up at the seam of the back cover. We though it was the glue not holding up and send to the same service center to get it repair.

The service center diagnosed as glue failure. Charged us RM81 for the repair, have to paid before they started repair, we paid for it for the repair. When we went to collect. They updated the diagnostic and told us the battery have bloated. Which I was really disappointed as my original note 8 have not having battery bloating issue for 5 years. 

We paid for the RM81 and get the phone back with the same gap in the seam. And there is no refund for what we have paid. 

We suspect the first time I change the battery it is not changed and it cause the 5 years old battery start bloated.

0 Likes
5 Comments
DëV
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
You can lodge a report to Samsung Customer Service as the battery has 6 months warranty, the service centre supposed to replace the battery for free, would you mind to share with us the Service centre location?
TyroneLau
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
The service center is located at Penang Egate.

I did question about the warranty period and the service personnel told me all repair only have 3 months warranty thus I didn't pursue further.
0 Likes
DëV
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Actually yes the battery does comes with only 3 months warranty, was a mistake, my bad
0 Likes
TyroneLau
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Noted. But the battery bloated within such a short time doesn't make sense. I didn't change the way the phone is used. My original battery lasted 5 years without bloating.
0 Likes
DëV
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
You're right, it shouldn't bloat that soon. Might be a defective one, but unfortunately samsung is only giving 3 months warranty, 😕
0 Likes