Original topic:

No Android 11 Update for my Globe-locked Note10+

(Topic created on: 05-05-2021 04:27 AM)
QuinB
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Android10.pngSmartSelect_20210505-200147_Software update.jpg

I still haven't received the Android 11 update on my phone. Per the chat agent, Globe will do the roll-out. I've seen other posts here that said they've received theirs on the same model unit. Is there anyway I can bypass the network and update manually? I'm already starting to experience issues on my phone which I hope can be addressed with software updates. Help.

9 Comments
PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Hi QuinB! I feel you. But based on my experience, with this kind of issue (technical), it would be best if you will call #GALAXY or #425299 (that if you haven't called yet) and I assure you that this will be addressed properly. There IT support is excellent. No queuing, they answer immediately and it's free of charge (as per my personal experience). Thanks!
QuinB
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I'll try your suggestion. Thank you so much!

PasteR
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
You are welcome! 😃😊🙂
kalvs
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Try Smart Switch for PC to update it, mine receives One UI 3.1 for my phone (Galaxy A31) via Smart Switch PC update method
QuinB
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Thank you! I already tried connecting it to my PC via Smart Switch, but even there it says my software is up to date :(

0 Likes
kalvs
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Oh, sad. Maybe check on Sammobile website where there is a databases of Updates of Samsung devices. In the website, they can show the latest software updates from different regions and different carriers including Globe PH
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Since it's telco locked, the ball is in the hands of Globe. Samsung has already released the official update of your phone last January. And the update is stucked with Globe.

That's the disadvantage of locked, contract-bound phones. They get updates slower than unlocked phones since there is a middle man between Samsung and the user.
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey there, QuinB! As suggested, you may reach us via the TOLL-FREE HOTLINE #GALAXY (#425299). Software updates may depend on carrier especially with network locked devices. We suggest for you to wait for the update release from your carrier, or you may try to also dial Globe's hotline to check on them regarding the roll-out of needed updates telling that you're already experiencing issues on device. Hope this helps you somehow. Thank you for reaching this out. Stay safe! :)

0 Likes
Meow16
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Try smart switch
0 Likes