Original topic:

Note 20 ultra Vertical Green Line

(Topic created on: 07-27-2022 09:45 AM)
yihui
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Does anyone facing this issue?
 out of sudden today when I turn on my phone there Is a thin vertical line in the middle of my display
134 Comments
HappyGN
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I used this phone for a year plus only. After updating my phone to the latest software, the green line appeared on my screen out of nowhere. I did not drop my phone. This is so frustrating and disappointing as the phone is jot cheap too. I am a Samsung fan for mobile phone for more than 5 years. Many friends has asked me to switch to Apple product but I still stick to Samsung. If the quality of Samsung phone is this bad, I will not hesitate to change to Apple phone.
0 Likes
peanut123
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Hi all, I wrote to the CEO email and received a call back. According to the person who called me back, they confirmed that issue causing the green line for s20 series was the software update. But it seems that they did some testing for note 20 series and it was not the case hence the foc replacement was not extended to note 20 series. Exactly what caused it they are not sure as well - have requested that they look into this (he asked me to go to the service center to get an evaluation to get the root cause but I told him it is a waste of time as they will just say dunno cannot fix except to fork out 400 for replacement). Pls keep escalating so this gets the attention it deserves
travjes23
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Had the same issue on my note 20 ultra and was given the same BS that they dunno about any others who have this issue. Said i m the only one. They playing dumb.
0 Likes
BoomB
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
My Note 20 ultra also have the green vertical line all of sudden.
0 Likes
tahmidsh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

My Note 20 Ultra also has this issue out of nowhere.

0 Likes
Members_kb7EueH
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

I am using Note20 ultra 5G and I got the green line as well 1 week ago. Restarted the phone, tried safe reboot but the green line is still there. I chatted with the customer service and its out of warranty and will require screen replacement. What pathetic product I have chosen. When I bought this phone, on the first day itself the mobile signal was not stable. It was resolved after replacing the motherboard. It seems samsung is using faulty parts with no QC being done. They didn't heed to my request to replace with a new set and now after 1.5 years got the green line. I have tried this brand after 10 years thinking Samsung has grown but now I have lost confidence in this brand and this is the last model I will buy.

0 Likes
Members_HerUqKO
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Thank you Amber12345 for providing us the samsung fb link. I have just added my 'green line' encounter over there. Hoping Samsung would take pride of their products and provide foc replacement of their defective screen of Note20 Ultra. 

0 Likes
Dan296
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I hv the green line on my ultra 20 today. **bleep**.
0 Likes
Dan296
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
**bleep****bleep****bleep**... has anyone started a petition drive? Count me in. **bleep****bleep****bleep**
0 Likes
Members_xZnOMG2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Congratulations!! I got my green line today. Just when I decided to switch back to Sony!

0 Likes