Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S Pen keeps disconnecting after April patch

(Topic created on: 04-21-2021 04:56 AM)
Kekok
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
UPDATE 04/28/2021: I just noticed if you hover over text using S Pen to copy is no longer working. I guess it is part of Air Actions. Now this is a feature that I use most and it is a bummer that a simple software update kicks this feature out. Obviously, this is a simple fix with another software update but I guess Samsung wants to push us to buy new S Pens because CAPITALISM. 

So I just updated my software today with the April security patch, which says it improved on Camera performance. After the update, when I ejected my S Pen, I got a notification that my S Pen is disconnected.

Air Actions S Pen disconnected

I tried reconnecting by reinserting my S Pen back or by pressing the notification. At first, I wasn't able to connect. I tried rebooting my Note 10 plus but error still persists. When I try to write, it works just fine. When I turned off air actions under Settings, I got rid of the disconnection notice. I've already tried resetting my S Pen, most of the time it is unable to reconnect. But when it connects successfully and when I eject my S Pen again, I still get the disconnection notice. I reported this error thru the Samsung Members app and hopefully we get a fix asap. I mean, I dont really use Air Actions that much but the disconnection notice is kind of annoying. 

S Pen unable to reconnect

Anyone else gets this error? 

18 Comments
Ramacaraig
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Same with my unit. I may not be using this feature that often but it was one of the selling points when they marketed this model and now useless. Hay.. hope samsung will release a rectification for this.
TeamGalaxyAnnGab
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please call the Samsung customer hotline at #GALAXY (#425299) to help you with this concern. 

0 Likes
m00np00l
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Looks like a lot of people experienced this after the update. Please issue free replacement to affected users. Kawawa naman, the phone was so expensive when purchased.
vogz
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I also experienced the same. SPen disconnection only happened after the software update. Why would Samsung tech support advises their customers to go to service center when the known issue was due to the software update. And the catch was, you would need to cash out for the service and would have to purchase a new S Pen but the issue is not fixed.
ibscboi
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Same! Samsung won't acknowledge the problem and the only solution is a replacement. Bummer.
arb12
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note
I have the same issue. I haven't found a fix for this. Hope they fix this ASAP
Kekok
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
What I did was to turn off Air Actions under Advance Features. You can still use your pen to write but looks like Air Actions will no longer work for us.
0 Likes
klenlue
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Mine can still copy even if the air action is off. It's just that the disconnected issue